2. Beware the Beast Below

Thank you everyone for the support on the first chapter! 

It was now the next morning and Velma is working as a tour guide for a group of Crystal Cove tourists but she looks bored and miserable.

"Welcome to the Crystal Cove haunted tour. I'm your ghoulish guide Velma. The first documented case of the curse of Crystal Cove is from 1630, when a garrison of Spanish conquistadors mysteriously vanished from the harbor."

"Oh, that is so scary! Where did they go?" A tourist asks.

"What part of the word "mystery" didn't you understand?" Velma says sarcastically before continuing. "The curse struck again in 1765 when an entire town of missionaries likewise disappeared." The tour group gasp in shock and Velma silently groans.

"Anyway, things were pretty quiet until 100 years later, when Cletus Darrow found gold here and renamed the town Crystal Cove. Most people thought the curse had been lifted, until the entire Darrow family disappeared one Halloween and was never seen again." Velma plays a tape on a portable tape recorder of the Darrow family screaming

"Moving on." Velma leads the tourists inside to the exhibits. "Since the disappearance of the Darrow family, Crystal Cove has been a hub of paranormal activity. You might recognize some of our more famous visitors. Ghostly deep sea diver Captain Cutler, Miner '49er, Charlie the Haunted Robot, and who could forget the terrifying stylings of Space Kook? Not me." Velma says flatly.

"Oh! How frightening!"

"Oh! Absolutely blood-curdling."

"Not really. They all turned out to be fakes." Velma says.

The tourists gasp and talk amongst themselves.

"Yep. Captain Cutler was just some guy who was hijacking boats. Miner '49er's real name was Hank. Charlie belonged to Mr. Jenkins, who thought it would be easier to run an amusement park with a crazy robot. And Space Kook? Oh, don't get me started! Ooh!" Velma says but she suddenly finds her mouth covered by her parents.

"Thank you, Velma. Well, that concludes the terror-ific tour." Her father says nervously.

"Don't forget to stop in at the haunted snack shop for souvenirs and your complimentary undead sipper cup." Her Mother says and the tourists begin to walk off leaving the three.

"What do you think you were doing?" Velma's mother asks a little mad.

"Are you trying to destroy our business?" Her father asks slightly annoyed as well.

"Reboot, parentals. I was just being honest." Velma says.

"Those were isolated incidents in Crystal Cove's otherwise-unblemished supernatural past of hauntings and paranormal happenings." Her father says.

"Your generation's belief, not mine. My generation, we only got one thing on our minds..." Velma states.

At Fred home he is in his room tying his ascot while looking in the mirror. "Solving mysteries and building traps."

"That's 2 things, Fred." His dad says.

"You know what I mean, Dad. We just want answers. Is that wrong?" Fred asks.

"Tickling chin whiskers, Fred. The Mayor's son is supposed to set an example. We have a new resident join the town and the first time he meets you is when you are behind bars. Just try to set a good example when you take them with you to school today." Mayor Jones sighs.