6. The Song of Mystery

"Broccoli Head!" A voice calls out and a Broccoli character appears.

"You wanted to see me sir?" The Broccoli salutes and it's revealed that it's a cartoon being watched by a child. Daphne is sat on a sofa nearby reading a book.

"Deliver these packages right away." The boss on the TV says.

"Yes Mr Glubofunny. Mr Covighheim." Broccoli Head says.

"Gabodaglophordia. How many times I gotta tell you? Gabodaglophordia!" His boss says annoyed 

"Gablosbfnekn." Broccoli Head says incoherently and the child watching the cartoon laughs. Daphne gets up from her spot now and turns the TV off.

"Bed time Arthur." Daphne says with a smile.

Arthur listens to Daphne and he gets up as she follows him to his room putting him to bed. 

"Nighty, night Daphne. You're the best babysitter ever." Arthur says.  

Daphne smiles and thanks him before she turns off the light and shuts his door.

Stood outside on the street looking at Arthur's house is a masked figure with a pan flute in it's hand. It slowly pulls the pan flute up under it's mask and begins to play.

Arthur in his room now hears the flute and he sits up in his bed.

Daphne also hears the flute from downstairs and she puts down the book she had been reading.

"That's odd. Who'd be playing a pan flute at this hour?" She wonders as she makes her way over to the living room window. She looks out to see the masked figure playing the flute. Daphne then hears something break upstairs. 

Daphne quickly hurries upstairs to see if Arthur is okay and she opens his bedroom door. "Arthur are you alright?" Daphne asks as she opens his door and walks into see him. " She lets out a yelp of fright when Arthur turns around looking much different than he had earlier.

 " She lets out a yelp of fright when Arthur turns around looking much different than he had earlier

Arthur growls and snarls at Daphne frightening her. He begins to edge closer to her and Daphne screams as she starts to run out of the room with the spookified Arthur chasing after her. She manages to reach the front door but as she opens it she forgets she had put it on a chain earlier and it only opens slightly. She has to quickly duck as Arthur leaps at her and he misses slamming into the door but quickly recovers. Daphne uses the time to open a window and she leaps out just as Arthur almost swipes her. 

Arthur doesn't follow Daphne any further and he shuts the window. Daphne looks to where the masked Pan flute player had been only to discover they had disappeared.