46. Dark Night Of The Hunters

Just quickly want to thank everybody for their support on the first chapter of the new Harley Quinn story. It has already reached 2,000 reads for which I'm so grateful for!

It was the middle of the night in a jungle far away from Crystal Cove. A man with a flashlight in one hand and a map in the other was carefully making his way though the foliage. His efforts soon leads him to a temple in the jungle that has long since been abandoned. Vines and other plants had begun to grow around the structure.  The man gasps as he looks at it and immediately takes out his phone and dials a number, 

Back in Crystal Cove Velma's mom's phone began to ring. 

"Hi-o. Angie Dinkley speaking." SHe says. 

"Angie, I mean, Senora Dinkley, It is I, Enrique." The man on the phone says as Angie waves at Velma who was nearby to get her attention.

"It's Professor Andeluossa."  Angie whispers to Velma before she returns the phone to her ear.

"I have found it.  I have found the Temple of the Dark Altar." Enrique says on the phone.

"Has he got it? Does he have the Heart of the Jaguar?" Velma asks her mother. 

"All of my research indicates the sacred spear is located underneath this temple." Enrique says now

"Oh, Enrique, be careful." Angie says now.

"Ha, ha. Do not worry Senora. There is nothing here but myself and the jungle. I have nothing to fear." Enrique says as he begins to climb the temple. "I only must make sure that this is the right temple." He then says as he begins to examine a statue. As he does however vines begin to move across the floor of temple as they then begin to wrap around his legs and wrists. 

"Enrique, what's going on?" Angie asks worried as she can hear him struggling on the other line but all that can be heard by Angie and Velma is the man screaming now. 

"The Jungle is consuming me! Angie, I must tell you now before I am gone. I have always loved you!" Enrique cries as he screams and is dragged inside the temple. 

"Jinkies!" Both Angie and Velma gasp. 

The gang were all sat on an airliner looking downtrodden. They had all been unsure of their friendship and relationships since their encounter with Nova and Professor Kharon.

Y/n and Daphne were sat in a pair of seats on the plane. Y/n was sat looking out the window as Daphne began to talk.

"An ancient evil has been manipulating us all along. It controlled our thoughts, our feelings. Everything we know could be a lie. Mystery Incorporated...our entire relationship..." Daphne says sadly.   

"Do you really believe that?" Y/n says as he keeps his gaze to out the window. "I'll admit. I had my doubts about everything when Nova first told us the truth. But that doesn't change anything."  

"It doesn't?" Daphne says.

 Y/n takes Daphne's hand now and turns his head away from the window. "No it doesn't, After everything we have all been through together, nothing can change how I feel about you or Dusk." Y/n says to her truthfully.

"Oh Y/n." Daphne says feeling better as she hugs him.

Shaggy and Scooby were sat behind Y/n and Daphne as they consumed several bags of peanuts.