twelve.

Trixie's POV:

Trixie stood swaying at the bar, her field of vision swimming and warping in front of her eyes. Her mind was rushing at 100 miles an hour and at a standstill at the same time, and all she could focus on was her hot roomate. She stood right beside her, talking to the bartender, her beautiful side profile sucking the air out of her lungs. She had such slim and sharp features, from her collarbones to her jawline she was just utterly sculpted, all complimented by her beautifully blue eyes. The way she seemed so composed and in control, keeping beside Trixie while Courtney was gone in order to look after her, despite probably being more drunk that her. The way she cared for her in situations like this was so endearing and heartwarming that it made the Barbie's heart ache with affection-

"...oh god"

It all hit her at once. The blatantly obvious realisation that she'd somehow repressed up until now hit her like a sack of bricks. She grabbed onto the bar to steady herself, her nerves shredding and her chest knotting.

"Woah woah woah, are you okay?" Katya immediately asked, pulling up a stool before Trixie could even open her mouth.

"Yeah, just lost my balance" She lied, forcing a laugh. Katya clearly wasn't convinced.

"Could I also get some water, please?" Katya asked the bartender, moving a stool up for herself. Trixie reached for her freshly made cocktail instinctively, but didn't even make it halfway before Katya lightly slapped her hand away.

"Slow down a little, doll. I'm not gonna have you getting ill on my watch" She scolded in her usual sardonic tone, placing the freshly poured glass of h20 in the drink's place, "You can have your mojito when you've had all of that"

The newly formed nickname echoed in Trixie's ears an alarming amount, making her brain short curcuit slightly as she tried to think of a response. She wasn't about to let herself get flustered that easily.

"Doll? Only Courtney calls me that" She managed, leaning on her hand as she tilted her head slightly, "you've been taking notes clearly"

"I-um" Katya fumbled, her cheeks already flushing. Trixie always enjoyed turning the tables on her, especially because she panicked so easily. It was adorable.

"I just meant like a Barbie, you know? Not in like a petname-ish kinda way" She spoke a little too quickly, "Besides, I'd never take flirting advice from that bimbo"

"Aw, shame" Trixie said without thinking, sipping her water before freezing in realisation.

"Beatrix, don't tell me you've fallen for me already?" Katya tutted after a moment, sensing Trixie's fluster and not hesitating to counter in the battle of flirtation.

"Pff, you wish-"

"What have we got here, ey?" Courtney called in her most overexaggerated Australian accent.

"A couple a' showgirlss~" Adore shouted in a similarly characatured fashion, wrapping her arms around them in drunken affection, "how are my favourite ladies?"

"Mattel is already hammered" Katya said without hesitation, smiling into her straw.

"I'm really not, I just lost my balance asshole"

Trixie looked up at Katya to make their usually hilarious eye contact, but failed as Katya was looking up at Adore, her expression clearly bothered.

"Can we talk? Like, right now" She said, standing up abruptly and gesturing out to the garden area, implying that Adore follow her.

"Ugh, do we have to do whatever this is now? I'm having fun" Adore grumbled curmudgeonly.

"Can you make sure she drinks all of that? She stumbled a little and its probably dehydration" Katya quickly informed Courtney, dragging a complaining Adore alongside her as she did.