six.

"Are you gonna stop moping around sometime soon, I'm already sick of it" Max called, clicking the espresso machine to life.

Katya had risen from the grave about twenty minutes prior, finding herself face down in the bathtub. Adore lay on the other side, using a bottle of conditioner as a pillow. She felt pretty okay in the hangover department, despite her dead arm and sore back. She wasn't however, good with the fact that she completely bombed with her cute roommate last night. It'd have been far less depressing if she was just straight, but the fact that she went off with the mean looking Aussie model was definitely a slight kick to her ego. She reluctantly peeled herself out, careful not to wake Adore as she left to go downstairs.

"I'm not moping around-"

"You've literally been sat there sighing with a grumpy expression, acting like a stroppy kid in some teen movie" Max stated, rummaging for mugs in the cupboard, "Okay side note, there's definitely at least five missing"

"What kind of asshole comes to a party to pinch some mugs" Katya answered rhetorically, mildly amused at the idea.

"Probably Josh's team of pricks, they've stolen shit from a couple people I know" she grumbled.

Katya found herself glancing at the carnage that lay waste around them. A number of people still lay asleep in the living room, only a few Katya actually recognised. The floor was covered about an inch thick layer of trash, everything from cans to keys to condoms lay waste. Someone had also decided to throw some toilet roll over everything that would catch it, leaving a delicate trail of paper hanging like a washing line across the house. It was a beautiful sight.

"Need help cleaning?" Katya asked, turning to see Max placing a coffee down for her.

"Oh you didn't have to-"

"I know I didn't, but I also know that it'll help cheer you up" She replied efficiently, smiling slightly into her own cup "And yeah, a volunteer would be great"

She seemed well this morning. Her silver hair was tied back neatly in a ponytail, framing her face in a whole new light. Max being pretty wasn't new information to Katya, it was very obvious in fact. But something about her felt different today, as if she had finally graduated from pretty to straight up beautiful.

"How do you bounce back like that" Katya asked, her thoughts becoming words without permission.

She shrugged, "I'm not a pussy like you...and I also know when to quit"

"I swear you didn't used to read me this much" The blonde grumbled into her coffee, downing about half in one go.

"You say that like I've been MIA or something"

"Well, I just mean we don't exactly hang much anymore"

Max stood silent for a second. It wasn't a long pause, but enough of one to indicate reluctance.

"Yeah, I guess college has just been stressful" She said, her tone kinda unconvincing. She wasn't a great liar, Katya knew that from experience. "You also had the um...situation going on"

Katya stuck her tongue in her cheek absentmindedly, the way she normally did when she was on edge. The 'situation' was definitely one way to put it.

"Yeah I did, but I was out often still"

Max smiled weakly, her eyes briefly flashing with worry, "I know"

"At least I managed to convince college to let me in after" Katya replied, forcing a chuckle as she clumsily changed the subject. Max looked up from her mug, accidentally catching Katyas eye. They held contact for longer than either would have liked, before Max turned to attend to some of the mess behind. The almost domestic atmosphere had begun to rot with tension.