one.

Trixie really seriously contemplated how anyone could enjoy maths. As she sat there watching Satan (also known as Miss Rio) draw the most complicated trigonometry question that she herself probably didn't even know the answer to, this revelation hit her. Trixie only took it because she found it easy enough, and she was sure that's how basically everyone else felt too. It was a filler subject at best.

Today was already a long one, with 3 lessons and barely time to get a drink in between, Trixie knew she was gonna have her mind wander eventually. She started college a month ago, but it had already become her only thoughts day in day out. She was vaguely excited for the party this weekend? But even then the looming shadow of the college workload hung over her.

"Not that anyone will, but raise your hand if you know the answer" Rio sighed, slurping her coffee far too loudly. Her eyes drifted aimlessly, searching for a tired teenager to pick on, before sharply focusing on some poor soul behind Trixie, eyebrow raised.

"How about you new girl, show off that scholarship to us all"
Trixie couldn't help but turn and see, surprised by the fact that there was, in fact, a new girl. A girl Trixie would never expect to see in a maths class came into view. She had a wavy blonde bob that hung just above the shoulders, a black tank top and sharp eyeliner that accompanied sharp cheekbones, with a vivid scarlet lip. She looked like the token girl in a punk band, not a maths kid. She stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd of nerds and incels surrounding her. Trixie had no idea how she could have missed this girl coming in? She really was fucking out of it today.

"13 degrees" The girl nonchalantly answered, barely even looking up from her page and not missing a beat. Satan was (for once) actually slightly taken aback, Trixie could see it in her face. Then she cracked a smile. She may have been a bitch, but it wasn't for no reason.

"Yeah that's right, well done" She replied, her tone mildly more pleasant. Trixie risked another glance over her shoulder, curiousity getting the best of her. The new girl suddenly looked up, feeling Trixies eyes on her. Her eyes were a dangerously sharp blue, almost unnaturally bright. Trixie was an expert in avoiding eye contact, but the damage had been done. She definitely knew she was looking. Ugh.

The lesson dragged painfully to a close, and when the bell rang Trixie practically ran out, desperate to enjoy the brief free time. Turning round the corridor corner, she grabbed Kim from behind dramatically, making her jump.

"Jesus, why do you always have to do that" she half heartedly yelled, clutching her chest.
"Well A) it's funny, and B) it helps to wake you up in the morning" Trixie said, giggling.

"That is true, coffee can only do so much" Kim said solemnly, cracking Trixie up again. They continued to bicker and laugh all the way into the canteen. The bustle was at peak time, kids milling around and being painfully loud was not Trixies idea of fun at 10am, but the canteen was the only place to get coffee (for some reason). They queued for far too long in the hell scape before grabbing their lattes and breaking off to their table, where Violet and Pearl were sat playing red hands.

"You're an embarrassment the pair of you" Trixie sighed, grabbing one of Pearl's chips.

"I'll have you know this is a highly skilled game that requires both reflexes and strategy" Violet replied, slapping Pearl's hand halfway through her sentence.

"Fuck! I really thought you were feinting" Pearl cursed with far too much irritation for such a stupid occurrence. Trixie stared, grasping to find a reason as to why they're like this, but to no avail.

"Miss Mattel!" a female voice called from behind. Apon turning, she spotted the head of year beckoning her to come talk.

"Oh what have you done now" Kim tutted, shaking her head like the dickhead she was.