One-sided Love (One-shot)

{After (S2) Episode 61 (Season 2 Finale)}

Annie knew that Atlas could never love her.

She knew that he was busy— busy trying to fix everything by himself. He didn't have the time for an aid, a liability, like her.

But that didn't make her desire for him waver.

She watched from the doorway as Atlas struggled from the cot he was restrained to.

Sure, she felt a bit guilty.

But she couldn't let anything happen to him.

She was willing to do anything to keep him safe.

Anything.

So why did he keep struggling? Didn't he know that his attempts were futile? Even his abilities could be regulated. Didn't he learn that from the lab and the suppressants? Didn't he know that she was just trying to help him?

She couldn't let the T-2s kill him. It didn't matter what they wanted, their lives were wasted as it was.

They didn't deserve saving. Atlas had sacrificed enough, and she couldn't— just couldn't, let anything else happen to him. They weren't worth it.

Annie sighed quietly and turned away, hesitating for a moment longer before vanishing down the hallway.

Soon, he would learn that he needed her. Soon, he would know what it would feel like to be protected— to be safe.

And she would let nothing stop her from achieving that goal.

Nothing.