VII. Well, She Is The Queen of Light.

act one: finding everything and nothing

▌chapter seven .  .  .
well, she is the queen of light.

         As Magnolia walked with Bloom to Dowling's office everyone stared and murmured. "You haven't found anything?" Bloom asked.

"I've only been at Callum's desk for two days, Bloom. Also, kinda doing you a favor, so maybe try grateful?" Aisha said.

"Oh, come on. You didn't take Callum's job for my sake."

"She's right. And don't try denying it because I'm an empath, remember?" Lia checks her watch. "Mmm, I have to run, I have to go get ready to meet with Stella because her mum's showing up."

"Bye! We'll keep you updated!" Bloom said.

"Thank you! Tell Musa and Ter I'm sorry I missed them!"

She gets ready and goes to meet Stella in front of the school. "I'm here."

"Finally. Wow. Look at you." Stella says.

Stella looked visibly nervous. "It's one day, Stel. Half a day." Sky said.

"Half a day of everyone adoring her like she's literally the sun."

"Well, she is the Queen of Light." Sky joked.

"All right, Mr. Comedian, since you're not helping, leave." Lia shoos him away.

"All right, I'm leaving." He said walking off.

"This whole Burned One assembly she's doing, I know she's really just here to check on my progress."

"You've been doing great Stel."

"Look, Mum loves you but in case she isn't in a great mood, I'll check in later, yeah?"

"All right, knock 'em dead tiger!" Lia says scurrying off.

Lia went with Sam to the Greenhouse and they were working on a project when she saw Terra's dad working on something. "Do you need any help?" Terra asked.

"No. This is a special project. Easy for me to... wrangle on my own. But if you want to step hydrangea roots for me..."

"Oh, uh, uh, I... I should actually probably finish my homework." Terra says sternly.

"Really? Cause it seems pretty done to me." Sam joked.

They heard a knock on the door and all turn their heads. "Hey, Terra. Can we-"

Sam stands up and Mr. Harvey goes in front. "Whilst I appreciate that it is the historical perspective of the patriarchy to save women from upsetting situations, I've, um, I've got this."

"Take it easy, Killer." Lia told Sam.

Terra meets Dane at the door. "You didn't answer my texts."