XII. They're After Bloom and I.

act one: finding everything and nothing

▌chapter twelve . . .
they're after bloom and i.

"As I'm sure you're aware, Burned Ones have infiltrated the barrier and the school. For some reason, the magical energy wells which power everything at the school have failed. I managed to speak with Queen Luna before they did. She understands the gravity of what's happening here, and the Solarian troops are on their way." Magnolia looked at Stella who looked extremely scared. "We're barricading all the entrances to the courtyard. We're safe for now, but we must prepare for the reality that the Burned Ones may infiltrate the space before they arrive." The students begin to murmur amongst themselves. "Thus is what we've been training for. Be cautious, but be brave. Let the magic guide you, and let's show them what it means to be Alfeans. Prepare the barricade."

Everyone goes off to do their own thing while Stella and Sky stayed with each other. While Magnolia goes with Bloom. "We know you're upset." She says.

"An understatement." Professor Dowling said.

"Rosalind isn't the monster you think she is. She had a reason to lie." Bloom defended. "The settlers of Aster Dell weren't innocent. They were blood witches. And my birth parents weren't even there."

"What?!" Magnolia exclaims.

"She certainly has a way of winning people over, doesn't she?" Dowling said.

"Is your ego so fragile that you can't even consider for a minute that you might be wrong about her?" Bloom said.

"Hey, you're talking to the headmistress, show some respect." Lia says.

"Rosalind gave you just enough information to string you along. She's manipulating you. It's what she does."

"And what the hell have you been doing? You're the one that hid information from me, not her."

"Then why isn't she telling me this herself?" Dowling whisper shouted. "Why isn't she by our side helping us fight? Where is she?"

"She's still weak. Shes not charged up, but she said-"

"Wait. So you were in the Stone Circle." Dowling said confused.

"Yeah, what's so bad about that?"

Magnolia sighed. "Bloom. The Stone Circle is a conduit to the magic of the land. That magic powers everything at Alfea, like our electricity and the barrier." She says walking off with Miss Dowling.

"Are you saying that Rosalind is the reason that the barrier was weak enough for the Burned Ones to get through?" Bloom said.

They heard snarling in a distance. "This is no accident, Bloom. Rosalind always has a plan."

"They're after Bloom and I, you know." Lia says.

"Yes. I didn't realize that at first, but I do now. Which means it's my job to protect you."