XXIX. It Has To, Love.

act two: getting you back▌chapter twenty-nine

▌chapter twenty-nine .  .  .
it has to, love.

          When we got back to the school, Sebastian had taken over

When we got back to the school, Sebastian had taken over. "The attack was over in about 20 minutes. I don't know how many Blood Witches were with them, but it was enough to take over every Specialist there last night."

"They knew we were making a move on their hideout."

"And that we drank the last of the Blood Witch antidote. Fucker."

"They took over every Specialist?"

"Mhm. And fairies didn't have much better. Sebastian basically brought an army of scrapers to take them down."

"Are they all drained?"

"Not yet." I say looking at the ground. I pull out my phone and show my dad the video. "They're being held under the school, taken to him one by one then brought back."

"That's Bavani."

"We're thinking that he can't handle a lot of magic at once."

"So there's still time to save some of them. That's good. Good intel."

"Well, thank Musa. She's hiding in the school. She was able to avoid detection but Flora wasn't so lucky."

"Well, it looks like we've got our work cut out for us. A frontal assault is suicide. A covert strike upgrades our odds, but not by much. And we'll be fighting friends, which is a headfuck. We've got non-lethal weapons should you want them. Once we disable them and neutralize the threat, the Blood Witches will be easy to clear. Then we free the fairies."

"Bloom and I will go after Sebastian."

"Let's gear up." The remaining Specialist walk away. "Magnolia, Bloom, walk with me." We walk far enough so the Specialist couldn't hear us. "Are you sure you're up for this? It's okay to say no."

"I mean, is it really? Even before he broke into the school, we were the only ones powerful enough to stop him."

"He wants the Dragon Flame. He said that if we gave it to him, he wouldn't have to keep stealing magic from fairies."