XIV. Could've Fooled Me.

act two: getting you back▌chapter fourteen

▌chapter fourteen .  .  .
could've fooled me.

          With Rosalind back, everyone was still on edge

With Rosalind back, everyone was still on edge. Well, besides myself, Rosalind trusted me. We were in the Stone Circle practicing our magic, it was Bloom and Marco's turn. Bloom was holding back. "Your emotions are a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. They're a power source. You've been told to control them. That isn't always the best option."

Marco zapped Bloom and Rosalind pointed to me so I could continue the lesson. "In combat, you'll need to rely on instinct." Bloom started up her magic. Marco zapped her again before she could strike back. "You'll need to let go." Marco continued to zap Bloom until she finally broke. "That's when you find true power."

We all left the Stone Circle. "You did great." Aisha said.

"Yeah, fantastic job." I chimed in.

"Shut up, Magnolia."

"Listen, I know you don't want to believe me. What I said was true, after Rosalind found me, she spelled me or something. I was lucky enough to have broken it when she told me she had my father arrested. I don't remember what exactly happened. I've had these memories gaps, you have to trust me when I tell you, I'm on your side." I told all my suite mates.

We go back to the suite. "I trust you, Mag." Stella said when we got into the room. "Only because I know you well enough to know when you're under a evil bitch's spell or when you're being sincere."

"I'm kind of remembering what happened the day we came back."

*FLASHBACK*

"Welcome to hell, bitches." Magnolia said.

"Seriously, Mag? You're on their side." Stella said.

"Of course I am. Did you really believe I'd help you all after you left me?"

"Mags, we thought we lost you. We were waiting for everyone to come back to give you a proper send off."

"I'm sure. I bet Silva leaving also had to do with that."

"He didn't leave, Mags. He was arrested." Sky said from afar.

"No, he wasn't. You're lying." Magnolia said.

"Why don't you asking your beloved Headmistress."

"Headmaster Silva was arrested for the attempted murder of Andreas. He was a burden." Rosalind said compelling me.

"Yes, he was a major burden." I winked at the girls. I had broken the spell Rosalind set on me. It wouldn't be long til she figured it out but either way, she can't stop me.

"He's a burden? After all the times you defended him, Magnolia?"

"Yes. I stupidly defended him. Everyone listen, and listen well, Ex-Headmaster Silva and Ex-Headmistress Dowling are my birth parents." Students started to murmur. "They've known for the past two years, since I stepped foot into Alfea. After the whole Ricki situation, I guess they didn't want anyone to know."

"Mag, you know that's not-"

"What? That's not what happened, Sky? Please, if you know more than I do. Go ahead, share it with the rest of the school."

"Screw you."

"Missed you too." Magnolia smirked but inside she was hurting. She didn't want to be on the outs with Sky but whatever it took to convince Rosalind that she could be trusted, she'd do it. "Now, everyone has been assigned a suite. Over the summer, I took the liberty of placing a special kind of magic upon the suite's. Anyone that does not belong in said suite will be zapped and sent to solitary confinement."

"Are you serious?" Musa asked.

"Deadly. If you are planning a party it must come through Headmistress Rosalind first. If you break any rules, you will be sent to solitary confinement, there you will have no food and no water for a week. Do I make myself understood?"

"Yes." The students said.

"Good. Go on." Rosalind and Andreas leave. The girls walk up to me. "I'm sorry guys. I have to make it look like I'm on her side."

"Well, you must be a very great actress, cause it seems pretty believable to me." Aisha said.

"I promise you guys, I'm not on her side."

"Could've fooled me." Aisha said.

*PRESENT DAY*

"They're never gonna trust me. I get it. I mean, I've been acting awful when Rosalind's around but that's just so she can trust me."

"It'll be okay, Mag. Have you spoken to Sky?"

"Not since the first day."

"He'll come around."

"I hope so."

After the talk with Stella, I needed to clear my head. I headed to the courtyard, that's when I saw them, Sky and Bloom. Kissing. Sky must've sensed someone was watching cause he looked up and he saw me. I was frozen, it wasn't until a tear left my eye when I walked away.

"Mags!" Sky called out. "Lia, please wait." I made myself invisible and ran the other wait.

Two weeks. We've been broken up for two weeks. How is that even possible? Did he even love me? There was not even a possibility he loved me. Riven bumped into me and exposed me. "You alright there?" He asked as he got up and gave me his hand.

"Yeah." I sniffled.

"Woah, woah, woah, what's up, Killer? Why were you crying?"

"Did you know about Sky and Bloom?"

"Yeah. It sucks, I told him it was a bad idea. He's still in love with you, y'know."

"So in love, he has his tongue in someone else's mouth."

"If it makes you feel any better, he said she reminds him of you."

"It doesn't but thanks Riv."