my experience with writing

My Experience with writing

Hello there I hope that you are doing well!

Now probably none of you know this but I now want to be a writer.

I've been aspiring to be an author for years , I've wanted to write books of fiction and poetry and health and whatever category crystals come under. I've enjoyed writing since I was six and did a Barbie fan fiction about myself, my teacher and my best friend -hello Catherine-obviously it was awful. Though i'd like to think that for a six year old it wasn't too bad.

Anyway I didn't put much thought into writing when i was in primary school. I liked to write, but i didn't do it often. It wasn't a 'hobby' of mine. I wrote a poem in year five, so around eight or nine years old.

The true love for poetry arrived when I was around thirteen years old. My teacher entered me into a poetry competition which I then won. She did that three years in a row. I was beginning to think that I was actually good at something, which was a great feeling.

At the time I was into writing fanfiction. Not even the good kind of fanfiction. My fanfiction was more like a script with little bits of narrative scattered throughout. It was a trainwreck basically. I was writing it in that style up until about ...the year before last . Then I went onto writing 'properly' . This meant that I actually used speech marks in my writing and had paragraphs.

This was my life until I was inspired to continue my book I had been 'working on' for two years. This was in may 2020 ...or june i'm not too certain. It didn't get the most love, but i loved it and that's all that matters. I had fun and I enjoyed writing it. So I did it three or four or ...no i think it's four more times.

At the moment i'm working on my fourth and fifth books. I also have a few side or on-going projects which will never be finished unless it gets published or I get kicked from the websites.

I'm currently a final year university student hoping to do a creative writing masters next year. I have found my spark. I have found my passion and joy. I've found the thing that I can do all day. If I do not fancy writing fiction one day that's fine, I will write non-fiction or some poems. There will always be possibilities.

The real message to this post is that I didn't know what I wanted to do last year. The world felt like it was ending and I saw a hurdle in front of me that I wouldn't be able to jump. I built a ladder , sure it would take me effort to get up the ladder but in the end I would be in the same situation I would have been if I jumped over the hurdle.

If you find yourself stuck and facing your own hurdle, you would be able to find a way over it. You just need to find a way to build it.

Thank you and best wishes

Nadine