A Solitary Convergence

According to Morgan the three month mark of a relationship meant having to converge the lives of both friendships and relationships.

Meaning: she wanted to meet Alex.

She had argued a fair point. I had been happier recently, more open to her ideas of out monthly outings and I didn't run away before I could even speak to a cashier at a shop. Instead, I spoke in minimal sentences and ran out after paying. It was a huge improvement. She also said if I didn't comply with a meeting then she would break in to my apartment when we went on our walks with the dogs, forcing him to meet her when we got back and he found a blonde haired crazy person sitting on my sofa.

So as Alex and I sat on my sofa waiting for Morgan to arrive, I prepared him for her presence.

"Morgan is my oldest and closest friends so if she doesn't like you-"

"Then you'll break up with me." He cut me off.

I tilt my head. "Why would I break up with you?"

His eyes narrow slightly as he stares back at me. "Because she doesn't like me? Isn't that what you were going to say?"

"No." I shake my head. "If she doesn't like you then she'll tell you. She's very blunt."

He let out a chuckle and nodded his head. "I'll just have to get her to like me then, won't I? I can't have her dropping whispers in to my girls ear."

I smiled at 'my girl', the two simple words lighting up a fire within my stomach.

"She will like you. You're very likable." I smile sweetly, pecking him on the lips.

"You're a bit bias Oak." He whispers, tucking a lock of my brown hair behind my ear.

His dark eyes are a fraction lighter than his pupil and it's only because there's a fleck of caramel in between that I know where his iris ends and pupil begins. His dilated pupils stare back at me, concealing the happiness behind them.

That saying, 'eyes are the window to the soul' couldn't be more true when it comes to Alex. When I first met him, he was a closed book, with a padlock and chain around him. Now, I felt like I could see behind his exterior, in to his heart and soul, reading his emotions just from one glance at his tiger-eyes.

"I don't think I am." I shake my head softly. "I just see Alex."

He leans in, capturing my lips in a soft but passionate kiss. A jolt shoots through my stomach and I lose myself in our kiss.

"To be honest I thought you were lying when you said you and Alexander King were together." Morgans voice reaches our ears and we separate quickly, standing up and facing her in surprise.

I ignore her words and blush, rolling my lips in to my mouth while anxiousness washes over me. Morgan and Alex are meeting for the first time. The two most important people in my life converging. It could either go north or south. I beg it goes north. As much as I love Penguins, I need to see the Polar Bears.

"Alex this is Morgan. Morgan this is my boyfriend. Alex." I gesture between the two, intruding each other. I chew on the inside of my cheek when they shake hands.

"Alexander King."

"Oh it's just Alex-"

Morgan cuts him off, ignoring him. "Alexander King. I have seen your face on so many magazines. You're a lot taller than I thought you would be. You're like the jolly green giant compared to Minnie Mouse over there."

Okay...

Alex opens his mouth but Morgan cuts him off again. "You're a billionaire. You're the CEO of King Industries. So tell me Mr Bigshot, why are you with Oaklee? What are your intentions?"

"Morgan I-"

Alex smiles at me, comforting me and telling me it's okay. "I'm not going to lie but I didn't like Oaklee when I first met her-"

Ouch.

"Good start buddy." Morgan crosses her arms over her chest, narrowing her eyes at him.

"-But..." He emphasises. "That's because I don't like anyone when I first meet them. I'm a bit like Oaklee that way but instead I just automatically hate them. But then I realised Oaklee was different to everyone else and slowly, I started falling in love with her. She's my best friend and I will always look after her."

My heart expanded and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I stared at him.

Morgan nods slowly. "You'll always look after her?"

"Yes. Always." Alex answers without hesitation.

"Great!" She chirps, walking around us and plopping herself in the middle of the sofa. "Sit your butts down. Let's watch a movie."

Morgan decided on Fast and Furious, no matter how many times we told her we didn't want to watch it. She just ignored us. Typical Morgan.

"Oh and Alexander King." She turns to him, a sweet smile on her face.

"It's just Alex." I heard him mumble. "Yes Morgan?"

"I will skin you alive, chop off your dick and force it down your throat if you ever, and I mean ever, hurt Oaklee. Understand?" My eyes widened at her threat, my jaw dropping from her menacing glare and the anger and warning threaded in to her tone.

Alex swallowed, his adams apple bobbing before nodding, forcing out a choked, "Understood." Beford going back to the movie, avoiding my eyes.

Great. My only friend has scared off my first and last boyfriend.

We continued watching the movie, the tense and threatening air fading into a calm and relaxed atmosphere.

"You know Alexander King. I would like you a whole lot more if you did something useful with all that money and bought me a sports car." She winked at me and I stifled a laugh.

"She's just joking Alex." I interrupted.

Morgan shook her head. "I'm really not. I would look fucking hot behind the wheel of a Lambo."

"Uh- I'm not buying you a Lambo." He chuckled.

Morgan turned to me in all seriousness. "I don't like him."

I giggled, rolling my lips in to my mouth when Alex playfully glared at me.

"Oaklee likes me. That's all that matters." Alex smirked at her. "If it's any conciliation, I didn't like you either."

Morgan chuckled. "I'm going to steal your debit card."

"And I'm going to steal your best friend."

I stared between the two as they went back and forth, sending remarks at each other and possibly looking like they were about to smack each other in the face. But I could see their tiny smiles engraved on their lips and the sideways glances they sent to me after every remark to see if it made me smile or giggle.

I loved them both and they were so important to me. I was terrified for the both of them to meet but this is what I wanted more than anything. I wanted them to get along and not have any problems when the two of them met in the future because they would both always be in my life of I had anything to do with it.

I knew I wasn't going to meet a guy as amazing and who understood me as much as Alex and I definitely wasn't going to meet another friend who loved and cared for me as much as Morgan did. No one understood my past like Morgan and no one quite seemed to understand my anxiety like Alex.

I needed them both and the thought that they both needed me just as much put a smile on my face.