Chapter Nineteen

________________

Red.

Red was the colors of roses, was the color of cherries, was the color of a young girls cheeks when she's in love, and red was the color that symbolized passion and love. Red was the color of his lips after he kissed me, red was the color that I saw when he touched me and red were the colors of his eyes the last time I saw him. But red was also the color of pain, the color of flesh, the color of blood... so much blood.

My eyes stared at the silver eyes looking into mine, there was no more rage, there was no more anger, but there was only death within them. He gasped as he fell to the ground, his knife slipping from his hand, his laughter no longer could be heard. The rain began pouring, but everything seemed to go in slow motion. I saw the monsters eyes ready to kill me, ready to end my life, but instead I saw him. I saw my savior, his black fur appearing in the distance, his eyes turning into a deep shade of red, and then his teeth, large, sharp and ready to kill found themselves on the monsters neck, I saw his eyes, and I saw everything that flashed through them, the sadness, the triumph, the pain, the rage, the love, the hate.

The sound that followed was inhuman, a crack, a scream, a gasp, and a thump. The rain poured on us as everything seemed to go back to normal, but something in the air felt uneasy.

Was it really over?

My eyes watched the monster fall, his head hitting the floor and his eyes closing as he let his one last breath. Blood poured on my feet, but it also covered his once white attire to a dark shade of red. My eyes looked up to see the beast in the distance, his back to me as I tried to see him while the rain fell on us.

Something in the air felt strange, almost light, but not entirely.

He was a large black wolf, his ears were big and pointy, and his claws long and sharp. I took careful steps, and slowly pressed my hand on his fur. Somehow I felt the sparks rush through my body, my heartbeat hammering against my chest and my eyes somehow yearning to see his face. I slowly traveled my hand from his back, until I reached his cheek, his hair was now all wet, as so was mine. When I finally stood in front of him, I saw his green eyes, I saw the sadness, I saw the pain, and I saw him... vulnerable.

He looked into my eyes, and he pressed his cheek against mine, making me feel his fur caress my skin and his body stepping closer, making his head rest on my back as I was pressed against his neck. I closed my eyes, feeling the sparks between us increase, my heart was almost out of my chest and the heat my body felt was almost unbearable. I needed to touch him, I needed to feel him closer and I needed to kiss him.

–"Let's leave," I said, knowing there was nothing left for us here, the monster was gone and now we both could leave without looking back. I stepped away from him, and looked at his face, his green eyes watching me with intensity, and I heard a deep growl coming from him. I pressed my hands against the sides of his face, and caressed him, to which he closed his eyes and opened them once again.

–"It's over," I reminded him, but also knowing in the inside he was hurting, I felt it. –"He hurt many... He hurt you, and I... I didn't want to lose you," I felt the tears burn my eyes, remembering everything we had to go through to get to this moment, the feelings I went through, the pain and the torture we both went through.

–"I never want to leave you again, seeing him hurt you, seeing them wanting to kill you," I cried, remembering the horrible things that have happened, and all of that for some revenge. Beast growled at me, picking my attention and making me look at him with the tears rolling down my cheeks, combined with the rain.

He licked my cheeks, making me feel the warmth of his tongue and then he licked my lips, almost reminding me of a kiss. –"Let's go," He said, my eyes widening at him, hearing his voice coming from his wolf, and then I cried, feeling everything come down to me, and feeling him pull me against him, to feel his warmth, his presence and finally knowing that we were finally free.