Chapter Seventeen

_________________

      –"Beautiful,"

–"I'll always be,"

–"I won't leave you,"

–"You aren't going to lose me,"

–"Im never leaving you,"

–"Never,"

Never...

Never...

Never.

His voice slowly filling my head–a voice I heard before chaos, a voice I wondered where it hid in the darkness and a voice I mourn whenever my dreams turned into nightmares. Reminiscing when his eyes met mine as the storm searched for us–the wind around our bodies, one human and another one unknown to man kind. But, within the layers of his physique I didn't feel scared, or terrorized, even wanting to run away from the giant wolf that stood there, watching me, taking me all in and somehow calling for me without saying a word, wanting me to pull away from the world and come closer to where I felt I belonged. His inhumanity would've scared people away–even myself with them–but, instead his supernatural gift brought me to bond with his heart and the soul I somehow wanted to possess.

Silence.

Darkness.

Silence.

Darkness.

More, and more darkness.

Darkness.

Silence.

–"Darkness... beast..."

–"EVERYONE RUN AWAY, THE BEAST IS OUT!" The thundering voice of the guards covered the screams, the cries and the prayers of the villagers. The growls could be heard within the shadows of the trees surrounding us, making the floor shake as the thunders roared in the near distance.

Storm.

The storm.

–"RUN! OH GOD! RUN!"

Reality was coming back to me like a wave.

–"MAMA! MAMA!"

The cries.

–"GET TO YOUR HOMES!"

The scream.

–"PREPARE YOUR WEAPONS! THE BEAST IS GOING TO DEVOUR US ALL!"

Turning into fear.

–"OH GOD, PLEASE HELP US CHILDREN AND FORGIVE OUR SINS... FORGIVE OUR SINS–"

Turning into pain.

–"THE BEAST IS OUT! RUN! RUN! RUUUUNNNNN!"

I couldn't breathe.

I wanted to run away, I wanted to find him and somehow feel that he was still there–living like before, smiling like before, but all I could feel was emptiness. –"You feel that, princess? Lost. Emptiness. Loneliness. My brother couldn't have done it better..." His voice was like knives into my ears, cutting, ripping, shattering whatever barrier I build up to avoid his darkness, his need for pain. His hands came around me, pushing me against his chest, and somehow my eyes met his–silver eyes, the eyes of a mad man, the eyes of a sadist, the eyes of a heartless man, and the eyes of a man wanting vengeance.

Within me I felt the need to push myself away from him, from his somehow tainted hands as I knew that the real monster around us was... him.

His grip on me was strong, his eyes keeping me locked in place as fear washed over me and my body didn't have the energy to fight anymore. –"Now, princess, you'll be mine, you won't feel him anymore, you won't need him anymore, all you'll have and ever want is me. Only me. Always me." His hand held my chin, his fingers painfully bruising my skin and the smirk that plastered on his mouth made my body go numb.