12

Sorry for the delay. I was working on it but I've been getting a lot of comments about Amelia's name for some reason? idk I just needed to take a step back but I'm here! It's a double update so make sure to read 13 after this :)

...

Harry

I hold a pen cap in-between my teeth as I write down the next line of lyrics for one of the new songs I've been working on. The album is slowly coming together. I'm not in a huge rush, although Jeffrey suggests coming up with some sort of loose timeline so that we can start booking interviews, press conferences and then ultimately, tour dates. I don't know if I'm ready for all of that right now but I agreed, nonetheless. I know he doesn't mean to pressure me. It's just the standard for how the music industry works.

"Margaritas anyone?" I hear Mitch ask from the doorway of the small studio my band and I have been lounging in all day.

I chuckle to myself as I finish the lyric and cap my pen.

"It's only 3 pm," Naomi, my new pianist and backing vocalist, says with a laugh.

I like Naomi, or rather Ny as she prefers. We met only a couple weeks ago through Adam, my bassist, and hit it off really well. I think she's a good addition to the band, plus she's also just a really great person in general. It feels like we've known her this entire journey.

"This is late for us," I comment. I should have had at least three by now. "Normally we start somewhere between ten and eleven in the morning,"

Mitch nods at my statement.

"I'll take one," Adam pipes up. "I need to loosen up. Didn't sleep well last night..."

My phone buzzes from the side table next to me while Mitch takes count of everyone who wants a drink. I don't think much of it when I grab it to see who's calling, but my heart rate immediately spikes when I see who it is.

Love Bug ♥️ is calling...

I quickly stand up off of the couch, my notebook falling to the floor causing all of my pages to crumple upon impact. I ignore the weird looks I get from my band while I press the answer button and stumble out of the room through the back door.

"Amelia?" I say as soon as I pick up.

Fucking idiot, I think. I couldn't have started with a 'hello', or literally anything else?

"Harry," she breathes out.

My heart flutters a bit when I hear her say my name. It's been so long since we've held a conversation. The last time I heard her voice was more than two months ago when she called for my birthday. Other than that, the only communication we've had has been through the voicemails I've left her or through tapping our friendship lamps.

I find myself outside, where the air is warm and thick, although part of me thinks it just feels that way from nerves and anticipation. Why is she calling? Was it by accident? Did something happen?

However, I feel like I might pass out once the next few words come out of her lips.

"Harry, come home,"

I halt my pacing, my eyes nearly bugging out of head. Is she serious? She's ready? I don't know when I was expecting her to call me, but it definitely caught me off guard just now.

I feel like I might have a heart attack from how rapidly and hard my heart is hammering in my chest. My whole body feels like it's trembling from shock and disbelief. Did I hear her right? Maybe I just imagined it.