40

Author's note at the end!! (there are 2 of them but please read :)

...

Amelia

It's the day of the wedding and I currently find myself sitting in the car beside Harry while he drives us to the venue, just outside of London. He holds my hand in one of his, his other on the steering wheel as he expertly navigates through the crowded streets. 

I'm a bit nervous to meet almost the entirety of Harry's family. I'll know Anne and Gemma, thankfully, but it's the first time I'll be meeting Harry's cousins and step siblings. 

I wound up not going to the bachelorette party last night that Gemma had invited me to. Part of me wanted to, but I felt really down yesterday. It was just a bad day for my mental health so I made the executive decision to stay inside because I didn't want to be a downer while meeting new people. Harry told me that going out might help cheer me up but I know my limits and that would have been crossing it. 

It wasn't the normal type of sad that could easily be rectified by something happy happening to take my mind off of it. No, it was the numbing type of sad where I felt trapped by my own mind and couldn't escape even if I wanted to. I just wanted to spend some time alone, thinking and writing. 

Harry was reluctant to leave me since he was planning on going to his step brothers bachelor party. He told me he didn't mind staying behind with me but I urged him to go and told him I'd be fine. I knew I wouldn't do anything drastic or completely lose myself, but I just needed a breather. I told him I'd call him if I needed anything, even if it was just to talk. 

I've been doing relatively okay lately, especially with the anti-depressants I was prescribed. I'm definitely not in that same dark place I was when Harry and I were on our break, but I do have the occasion bad day that causes me to take a step back towards that place. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I need to tend to it right away instead of suppressing it and ignoring it. I find it's easier to get over if I face it head on. 

Today, luckily, has been better. I woke up in Harry's arms which was nice because I fell asleep alone. It definitely helped put me in a better mood and while although I don't feel a hundred percent like myself, I feel like I can get through the day without any issues. 

"How far away are we?" I ask Harry as he makes a lefthand turn. 

"Mmm not long, love. Maybe five minutes? That is if we don't hit anymore bloody traffic. I'd swear the Queen was in town today with how many people are out and about," Harry says with slight annoyance. 

I smile and squeeze his hand to help calm him down. Harry's a very quiet and gentle person but he suffers from the worst road rage, even worse than my dad which is saying something. 

"Don't worry, baby, we'll still be early," I tell Harry, causing him to huff. 

"I know but...still," he says. He sighs and pauses before continuing. "How're you feeling? About the day in general and meeting everyone..."

I shrug and look out the window at the pretty view. It truly is a whole other world over here than in New York. Even though Harry seems a bit stressed right now I find it more peaceful here, regardless of how much traffic we hit. 

"I feel okay. Better than yesterday," I answer. "I'm excited to meet everyone though. A little nervous but still excited."

"I'm glad you're feeling better. Let me know if you want to leave early tonight and we'll head home, okay? I don't want to push you," Harry sweetly says, causing me to smile. "And don't be nervous, lovebug. They're all excited to meet you, too...Besides Mum and Gemma you'll meet Mike, my stepbrother, and his wife Amy. You'll also meet his sister, also named Amy - "