Chapter Eight

-Damon's POV-

After looking up a few recipes, the soup turned out pretty good and I am quite proud of myself, I just hope Laken will like it.

Speaking of which, he has been in the bath for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if he has fallen asleep again, I should probably make sure he's not drowning in there.

I stood outside his bathroom, listening for any sounds from the other end of the door. He's breathing, which is always a good sign.

"You okay in there, Laken?" I called out, hearing a faint shuffling from the other side of the door before it flew open.

"I hate baths," he grumbled, standing in front of me in just a towel, god almighty, Luna, why are you testing me so much?

I like to think I'm a good person, but Luna, give me the strength to not jump my mate until he's ready.

"You okay?" He asked, bending his head down to find my eyes.

"Y-Yeah, I'll get you some soup," I said, forcing myself to walk away as quickly as I could, without looking crazy.

I busied myself in the kitchen, pouring some soup into two bowls, and placing them on the kitchen table, with two tall glasses of water.

A couple of minutes passed before Laken entered the kitchen, this time fully dressed, which my sanity thanked him heavily for.

He took a seat opposite me at the table and smiled.

"Hey, it looks good," he smiled, scooping up some on his spoon. "Smells good too." I just hope it tastes good, I watched in anticipation as he put the spoon into his mouth.

He hummed in delight and I couldn't help but smile, he swallowed before scooping up more, and shovelling the food into his mouth.

"Is it good?" I laughed.

"No, it's terrible," he said, his tongue soaked in sarcasm, making me laugh again. "Seriously though, this is the best soup I have ever had." If he weren't eating like it was the last meal he would ever have, I would say he was flattering me.

"I'm glad you like it," I smiled, not missing the blush that flushed his cheeks, before I dug into my own food.

"Thank you, for taking care of me, you really didn't have to do any of this." He stared down at his bowl, his face just a little too serious for my liking.

I don't want to spew that shit about him being my friend, because he is so much more than that, I want him to know that I like him, and friend-zoning him now will just do the opposite, but I don't want to drop the ball just yet.

"Believe it or not, I do like spending time with you, and you got me now, what kind of person would I be to just leave you to it while you're sick?"

He seemed to think about that for a moment, before he smiled.

"Thank you, Damon, I like spending time with you too, and when you get sick, I'll return the favour," he grinned, returning to shovelling soup into his mouth.

It made me chuckle, and even though I can't get sick, I was flattered either way. But thinking about Laken doating over me made me want to be sick, honestly though, my acting skills aren't that good.

"Does that mean I can stay here until you get better?" I'm pushing my luck, but the thought of leaving him alone while he is like this didn't sit well with me.

His spoon hit the bowl as he stared at me with wide eyes. Too far?

"You want to stay here?" He asked, surprised.