Chapter Twenty

-Nate's POV-

I'm starting to wish I would have gotten Kaygen's phone number, he's been avoiding me and now it's the weekend, I have no excuse to see him.

I spent a lot of time in the woods, trying to get my stress out, I ran for hours in my wolf form until I was completely exhausted, but I still didn't feel much better.

Of course, only my mate could do this to me, the pack members aren't used to seeing me like this, in their eyes as well as everybody else's, I'm that laid back guy who never lets anything get to him.

Yet here I am, a mess, stressed and depressed, and unwilling to get dressed. If I could only see him, I know I'd feel better, I just need to know he doesn't hate me now.

But he kissed me, that's what infuriated me the most, sure, I was seconds away from making the first move anyway, but I didn't.

Kaygen's lips were the first to touch mine, and holy shit did that feel amazing. He made me crave him, in a way that I never have before.

The feel of his lips desperately pressing against mine, like he needed it to live, to breathe. He couldn't tell me why he did it, but he didn't need to.

Why can't my stubborn little mate just admit that he likes me? Or maybe I'm expecting too much from him, he does live in a homophobic household, maybe he's worried he'll end up with the same fate as his brother, or maybe he's just in denial.

Either way, I need to see him as soon as possible, the fear that I might go insane if I didn't, but it's not like I can just go to his house, can I?

Well, I definitely can't now, it's too late, going there at this time would probably just result in him getting into trouble with his parents. Maybe I can Romeo and Juliet it? I feel like he wouldn't see the humour in that.

A sigh escaped my lips for the hundredth time today as I played with my food. I wasn't hungry, but I still sat at the dining table in the pack house, with a plate of untouched food in front of me.

I wonder how Damon's date is going with L.

-Kaygen's POV-

"Well, why don't you invite your friend over? Nate seemed nice, he's a good friend for you." Don't you dare speak his name.

"I thought we weren't allowed guests over?" I answered sarcastically, trying not to roll my eyes.

"That didn't stop you last time." Dammit, I thought he wasn't supposed to be home for another hour.

"I owed him one," I mumbled, not going into detail. Let's face it, they wouldn't care if I nearly died or not, all I'd get is a lecture about how it was all my fault and I should learn to pay attention, but then again, where is the lie?

"Then take him out for a drink, like a man," Peter grunted, but I refused to even glance in his direction.

"Cause all men drink copious amounts of alcohol," I mumbled under my breath, already wanting out of here.

"WHAT?" Fuck, he wasn't supposed to hear that.

"Nothing."

"You're as bad as him," he cursed, grabbing a beer from the fridge. Oh fun, that's just what he needs, more alcohol in his system. Guess it's another night locked away in my room, playing video games.

Why did I not get Nate's number? Not that he'd answer my calls now anyway, but maybe?

"Well, we are twins." I was really digging my own grave at this point, but I didn't care, I just lost the only person I gave a fuck about. So now everything can just go fuck itself.