Chapter Thirty-One

-Kaygen's POV-

"Bro, you know I don't like people knowing," I whispered, glaring at him but really, I was panicking, there was no way in hell I could sing in front of Nate, he'd tease me for sure, I can't do something that embarrassing.

"It's just Damon and Nate, and we're just having fun, don't think too much into it, sing badly if it makes you feel better," he shrugged.

"You don't understand," I groaned, it's because it's Nate.

"It's not dad, they're not gonna care if you can sing or not, and we'll get them to sing too."

I didn't get the same thrill from singing that L did, sure it used to be fun to sing with him but that's about as far as it went, and I could never do it if my dad was in the house. I didn't feel like being called the F word every time he caught us, like it was a sin to be able to sing.

"I just don't think I can, it's embarrassing."

"Tell me about it, but if it makes Damon happy, I don't mind." What's the word? Oh right, whipped.

"Then you sing."

"Don't make me do this alone, and anyway you owe me," he pouted, but that never worked on me and it probably never will.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to be hearing that a lot?"

"A year bro, a year, I'm gonna plug this for all I can get." Fuck, payback is a bitch, and my brother is the dealer, he may look innocent, but he is pure evil.

"One song, that's all you get," I glared, am I really about to do this? I sighed aloud as L grinned, happily.

"Yay!" He marched back over to the living room while I grudgingly followed behind him with a frown.

"Let's do some karaoke!" L cheered, moving towards the PlayStation to set up the game and no joke, he pulled out two microphones, he's such a dork.

I threw myself down on the sofa next to Nate, whose expression softened as he moved closer to me, his arm stretching over the back of the sofa behind my head, he leaned in closer, so his lips were right next to my ear, and I supressed a shiver.

"You'll do great."

"That's what I'm worried about," I grumbled, watching Nate eye me in curiosity.

"What do you mean?"

I sighed, reluctantly taking the microphone from L.

"What song shall we sing?" L asked, not directing the question at anyone in particular.

"Rap battle," Nate smirked, that, I could actually get behind.

"Sounds good," I smirked too, at least I wouldn't really have to sing, L also grinned in excitement, immediately agreeing.

"Hamilton!" L shouted.

"No." We are not doing Hamilton, he already made me sing all the damn songs with him when it first came out, you'd think he'd be bored of it by now.

"Your obedient servant," he smiled again, and I sighed, at least it was kind of a short one, right?

"I like the epic rap battles of history," Nate grinned, I could feel his fingers brushing against my shoulder, but I didn't push him away.

"Darth Vader vs Hitler," I grinned.

L set up the song choices and chose a Hamilton playlist, but I didn't argue as I forced myself to breathe.

"Wish me luck," I mumbled to Nate, I can be super competitive, especially when against my brother, so once I was up there, I knew I'd want to beat his ass.