19

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 19. The Ties That Bind

   In the woods where the old Mystic Falls cemetery resided, Bonnie walked past the tombstones of many of her ancestors

In the woods where the old Mystic Falls cemetery resided, Bonnie walked past the tombstones of many of her ancestors. She continued to travel through until she laid eyes on the coffin that rested several feet in front of her.

She cautiously moved toward it, trying to hide her uneasiness. She slowly brushed her hands over it, on the verge of opening it when a familiar figure appeared beside her.

"I figured out how to open it," The woman spoke up, causing Bonnie to whip herself around to see Annikah standing behind her.

The female hybrid stood a few feet away from Bonnie, the smallest of smirks appearing upon her lips. "The question is...can you?" She asked as her eyes glowed a florescent yellow and her werewolf fangs began to grow.

She inhumanly growled and sped at Bonnie, who screamed in terror as she was unable to defend herself against Annikah's sudden attack.

Opening her eyes, Annikah began to smirk as she laid in bed. She sat up, feeling satisfied that even with how powerful Bonnie was said to be as a Bennett witch, she was still no match for Annikah's powers.

_____

Later that day, at the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan entered his home. He immediately began to frown at the sound of rock music blaring, knowing for a fact Damon wasn't home. He walked further into the parlor, only to frown at the sight of Klaus sitting in a car hear music blaring. He noticed Annikah sitting in one of the chairs with Klaus leaning on the arm of it.

The hybrid duo smirked, the two of them exchanging a satisfied look as they sipped from their glasses of bourbon.

Unamused, Stefan walked over to the table and picked up the remote. He flipped it in his hand before turning the music down.

   "What are you two doing here?" Stefan asked them as he glanced between the duo.

    "Enjoying our stalemate," Klaus answered and Annikah smiled slightly as she watched Stefan walk to sand in front of them.

   "What do you want?" Stefan asked as he stopped in front of them. As he spoke the words, he looked directly down at Annikah, knowing for a fact she was the one behind her and Klaus' sudden appearance.

She was always the ballsy one, even more so than Klaus. She wanted the coffins back even more than Klaus and she'd do anything to get them.

      "You are full of questions today, aren't you, love?" Annikah finally spoke up with an evil smirk on her face. She turned to look directly at Stefan, her expression suddenly turning cold, "But you're in no position to be questioning us. Not when the real question we should all be asking is what do you want?"