7

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 7. Florida 

    Three entire months had passed since Klaus and Annikah left Mystic Falls with Stefan Salvatore after breaking the curse

    Three entire months had passed since Klaus and Annikah left Mystic Falls with Stefan Salvatore after breaking the curse. The trio of supernatural creatures were hunting for werewolves, ones that Klaus could use to create his own species of hybrids like himself. Even as the months passed, the three of them had found no werewolves in sight, much to their dismay.

Word spread like wildfire on matters regarding Klaus, the immortal hybrid, breaking his curse after one thousand years and the packs of werewolves across the US made it their mission to stay hidden in fear of Klaus finding them.

Now, after they finally found information regarding a werewolf, the trio found themselves in Tennessee, searching for a man by the name of Ray Sutton.

From a distance outside of the Tennessee home, Klaus and Annikah watched as an unknown woman exited the house, searching for her pet, "Rudy?" She called out, glancing around for her dog before whistling loudly, "Rudy! Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

The woman walked down the porch steps before picking up one of the dog's toys off the ground, hoping to use it to lure her pet back home. She stood back up and turn, only to come face to face with Klaus and Annikah, causing her to gasp in fright, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," Klaus greeted the woman, speaking in an American accent.

"Can I help you?" She asked, sounding a bit rude as she spoke to him.

"Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back," Klaus informed the woman, gesturing toward Annikah, who stood beside him, "I feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we've come to, so I was just hoping we could use your phone."

"Don't you have cell phones?" The woman asked, glancing between Annikah and Klaus.

Annikah smiled. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and held it up, beginning to speak in her best American accent, "We were on our way to buy him a new phone because he broke his," She informed the woman, finding herself snuggling up to Klaus' arm to make the story more believable, "And my battery died because my idiot of a boyfriend forget to charge it before we left. Men these days, am I right?"

Klaus continued to smile, playfully rolling his eyes while the woman gave them a skeptical look. Klaus smirked at Annikah, deciding to go along with it. As she let go of his arm, Klaus wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his chest so that it looked as though they were dating, "Look, I promise we're not serial killers. We just want to use your phone." He tried to convince the woman, noticing how she still looked hesitant.

The blonde woman sighed in defeat, finally giving in, "Sure." She responded, causing Klaus and Annikah to exchange a look, both of them trying to hardest to contain their smirks.

"So, we can come in?" Annikah questioned curiously, causing the blonde human to turn toward her and Klaus once more.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." The woman responded with an attitude.