Blood

Edward stared at her for a long time, letting go of her taking a small step away, neither saying a word for a while, tell Edward broke the silence, his voice wavering, "Y- you drink from humans?"

With slight hesitation, she nodded, biting her lip gently. "I... Yes, I do, Edward. But I have not killed a human for many years -" She tried to justify understanding that this could be a very sensitive topic for him. He and his family were committed to the vegetarian vampire lifestyle, and he cut her off  "How many years?" He didn't take his eyes off her. He knew he couldn't read her mind, but he could read her body language to the best of his abilities. "I don't see why that's -" He cut her off again, "How many years Red?"

She sighed and hung her head, no longer meeting his eyes as her own filled with shame whispering. "Five.." her voice cracked. And though she spoke so quietly, Edward still heard her. He looked to her sadly, shaking his head, "That's not many years, Red!" She sucked in a small breath, nodded sadly, and spoke gently."I know... I had never meant to hurt her. Believe me, please Edward, I'm not. . . I'm not a bad person." She looked up to him, and tears pricked at her black eyes. And it broke his undead heart to see her like this, and he decided he would get over it. Or at least try to. Everyone had their relapses he knew he had been doing well, but he had turned to human blood before and had killed. How could one monster judge another for the same sin. 

When he said nothing for a long time, Red took a step closer, cupping his cheek, staring into his topaz eyes pleadingly. "Please do not leave me over such a trivial thing like blood."