True Mates Are The Rarest Of All

Grandma Red only smiled at the family of cold ones in front of her as she stayed in their fresh hold, unable to cross. "I've heard many stories of you all. It's a pleasure to meet you. But I would like to meet my grandson's imprint, of course, if that's alright with the child and yourselves."

Renesmee peeked from behind her father's leg to look up at Jacobs grandmother. She was curious as to why she would want to meet her of all people and was unsure if she would be allowed to go to her. Edward stood reading his daughters mind and nudged her forward to the woman who made his dead heart flutter. When Red caught sight of the child, she smiled kindly and knelt so as to be the same height as the halfbreed.

"Hi, I'm Renesmee." The youngest Cullen extended her small delicate hand shyly, she was slightly curious as to how this strange woman would react. But the woman was not mean or cruel but only shook her small delicate hand in her own cold one. "Hello Renesmee, it's wonderful to finally meet you. I'm Jacobs Grandmother but you can call me Red." Renesme's brow furrowed "How are you Jakes granny when you're so young?" A laugh slipped through Red's lips "I am much older than I seem young one. And might I say you are truly beautiful."

Edward tried to read Red's mind but found himself unable to much like he couldn't read his wife's mind. He was suddenly faced with her standing in front of him, golden honey eyes met black ones. Edward shifted slightly in his stance as he felt a tug at his heart in the woman's direction and by the look on Reds face he could tell she felt it too.

She hesitated for a moment but placed her hand on his cheek, he leant into her cold embrace but he had no need for heat so it was comforting to know that he wouldn't freeze her to death. "It can't be... after all this time." She mumbled something flickering in her eyes as she examined him. Everyone and everything slipped away, and it was almost like they were the only two people in existence. "I have waited for you for such a long time," she whispered to him he could see tears in her eyes and as they fell he pulled her into his chest not caring the strange looks he received from his family and whispered to her as he held her close "or I you."