I'm Not Going To Leave You

Edward looked down to her, leaning into her cold touch, placing a gentle kiss on her palm and whispering despite it being only the two of them. "I'm not going to leave you over this. It's just something I'll have to get used to."

Red sighed softly and nodded, and she wiped away her tears. "Thank you, Edward.. I...I'm sorry I didn't mean to start crying.." He was quick to squash her worries with a soft smile, "Hey don't worry about it. You have nothing to worry about." 

They spent the rest of the night together avoiding the subject of anything vampire-related and spent their time together like the teenagers they pretended to be. And when the sun started to rise, Edward went home to his family, and Red went off into the woods deeper into the wolf's territory.  

A few days went by, and Red and Edward hadn't seen each other, leaving them both agitated.

A thing such as blood wasn't so trivial when it came to them. A vampire's diet categorised them in a way that not many would be shy of speaking aloud. Vampires drank human blood. They where the creatures that lurked in the dark and feasted on the innocence. But the Cullens and others had proven that they didn't need to be a danger to humans. That there was another way.

But Red couldn't bring herself to change again.