III - Temptations

Nike's POV

"You look a little unnerved." Beau say's his eyes were trained on my face. and I took a deep breathe to calm my raging nerves that felt like someone had an electric current attached to me.

  I had finished my breakfast with gusto, trying to spend as little time as I could without talking to him. And I figure the fast that I get all this food down the faster that I would go back to my room. I didn't expect in the least to find myself in yet another part of the Wolf Den with was not for prisoners like me.

  I am pretty sure this man has a screw losses in his head something because I didn't know what to make of him at this point. Or maybe he was just going to rape me, that thought sends a cold shiver down my spine. Making me even more jumpy.

"I've just never been here before." I say truthfully.

"You shouldn't, this place is for higher up staff members." He says to me and I feel the color drain from my face. The God's must be pissing on me today more so than normally, this time leaving out the courtesy of calling it rain.

"I don't quite understand." I say lowering my eyes to the floor.

"Whats to understand, your different from others here, you shouldn't be here should you?" He ask me and I gulp. My mouth doing dry, it felt like I'd eaten a huge lump of sand and didn't have anything to wash it down with. 

"I am a Rouge, I don't really know what you mean." I say nervously and try to take a deep breathe but all I could manage were short little gasp of air. 

"A rouge, yes you are, but your pack was wiped out and your sister claimed as prize, even though she was already given?" He ask me, though we both know that he is right. Him asking was just being polite. 

"Why do you know so much about me?" I ask him. 

"I took this job for a reason." He says slowly like it was an after though and not what he really wants to say to me. But then I could just be over thinking things. That was the more likely option of the two thoughts. 

  I gulp and feel my feet back up. Did he really want to kill me? Maybe my sister husband paid him to kill me. I really hoped it wasn't something like that, but what else could it even be he wants from me. 

"Are you going to kill me?" I ask, if he was I wasn't about to go out without a fight. 

"Don't act so cold, if I wanted to kill you, I would have already done it." He snorts and reaches a hand out to touch my face. 

  I flinch and he stops he turns his hand palm up, like when you approach an animal to show them that you don't mean them harm. The gesture is different from what I thought I would get from him. Reaching a hand upwards, I gently push his hand back towards his body. 

"Please don't touch me." I murmur. 

"I'm sorry, I'm not trying to scare you." He says softly and drops his hand to his side and I take a deep breathe. 

"This is all just to much to believe." I tell him in all honesty. My voice was nothing more than a whisper. 

"Well if you make you feel better. I'm not an Alpha or Beta. Nothing that special, I just have a very well connected brother." He says softly. And I raise an eyebrow. 

  If this man was not an Alpha or a Beta, just what type of connections did he have to get himself a free pass into the Wolf Den? 

 I think I might have preferred him to be just an Alpha or Beta. But I had no idea what to expect from this man. I'd been far to naive following him into the cafeteria and now to a room. What did he plan to do to me.