II - Indulgence

Nike's POV

  Jolting awake, I take strangled breathes into my throat, letting air flood down my air passage and into my oxygen starved lungs. After shakily pulling in some more air. I look around my surroundings, my hands shaking at my side as I try and stop them.

  Where am I?

Think!

I hiss at myself and I remember, but looking down I noticed the soft blanket that is covering my body. Then the soft linen wrap that is around my middle. Reaching a hand over I light prob my side. Wincing I pull my hand back. 

  It was definitely tender under those bandages. Licking my lips, I note that everything other than a chair and the cot I was laying on was the only thing not attached to the walls that was actually still in the room. 

Huffing lightly, I raise my hand rubbing it through my hair, to my surprise my hair doesn't feel altogether that granting anymore. 

   Pulling some of the locks around, I almost shrike in horror. My red hair was gone and instead it was a dirty blonde with a little brown and black mixed it. I didn't want this, another reminder of the past that I left behind. 

 Tilting my head I heard footsteps coming closer to my room. Quickly laying down I feign being asleep. The door slide open I hear the tiny little wosh of air it makes as it pulls back letting who ever it was into my room. 

  A soft chuckle sounds and I raise an eyebrow involuntarily. Cursing myself I hope whoever it was didn't see that. 

"How long are you going to play sleep?" A familiar voice ask me the words were that of a mother pestering her child before they had to go to school. 

  Sigh, I sit up from the cot and turn to face Beau. His beanie is gone and I can now see that his hair is a dark healthy black colour. It suits him with his mixed match eyes. I found that I quite liked those eyes. 

  Moving my eyes away from him I look at the floor. Anywhere but him right now would be good. My ears pick up the light shake of his head. stepping forward he lightly takes my face and tilts it upwards making me look at him. 

  Before I can react his flashes a light in my eye, and I blink, he moves onto the next eye and I do the same thing. After he seems pleased he removes his hand from my face and I look at him. 

"Just checking the dilation of your eyes. Your beating was pretty bad, the other day." He says dropping the light into his white jacket. 

 That is when I took the time to notice just what he was wearing. Some dark jeans and a dark t-shirt. He was looking slightly more professional now. But he still seems a little out of place in here, he was way to happy to be a doctor in a prison. 

  His eyes were intently focused on me. Almost like he seems interested in what I have to say. Which again is beyond me, I don't really understand this strange wolf. 

"Whatever happened to the guard?" I ask him lightly my eyes moving back towards his own.

"I don't know, but nothing good I can imagine. Alpha Atheron seem to be having his way with him. And besides it's not like you are genuinely concerned for him are you?" He ask me like it was a foreign though in his mind. 

  You'd think a doctor would be one to understand compassion, apparently wolf doctor didn't quite graphs the idea. Shivering, I had no doubt in my mind that if the guard hadn't died from blood loss he was dead now, weather it be blood loss or something else. 

"What if I said I was worried about him genuinely?" I ask. 

 Beau looks me in the eyes his eye drilling into my own. If felt like he was shifting threw my thoughts he was so intense. I knew that I could look away. His green eye was starting to glow golden as his wolf surfaced.