VI - Drought

Nikes POV

He'd left me alone and more memories has assaulted my mind, like a ragging storm beating on an old house. And I felt weary and sick, my stomach felt like it was in my throat, and my head felt like someone was stepping on it.

  Images kept playing in my mind, they flash through faster than a child that has had one to many caffeinated drinks. Pressing my hands into the side of my head I tried to squash the internal battle that was raging on inside of me.

  It literally felt like two different thoughts were assaulting me on the inside. My own voice and then another voice, another mind that has so many different ideas its just over flowing. It had memories, thoughts and this one knows something about Beau and Lancaster.

  A connection that I don't share with them, yet, at the very same time something inside of me knew them like the back of my hand. Well more Lancaster it seems from the broken images that I was getting and the fragmentation of conversation that would sometimes come along with images . If not it was left up to me to put the words with what I thought was happening.

  I am sure I guessed a lot wrong but it better to at least have a idea, even if its a rough one. Something is better than nothing. Although, I wish it was less painful, every time I try to focus on the images or conversation threads, their be a sharp pain in my right eye and my head would throb.

  It was like they wanted to show me the images, but at the same time they didn't want to share with me at all and I felt annoyance flare up in my mind. If they didn't want to share they could do me a favor and stop playing behind my eyes like a slide show on repeat.

  I feel the tears start to pour out of my eyes as I try to battle the pain that is overwhelming me. I just wanted it all to stop. Please, just let it stop.

  Rocking on the floor, I try to take deep breathes letting it flow down into my starving lungs that craved the air that took my mind off the pain. I could hear the thump and beat of my heart, even smells were increased, I felt a another presence and it felt foreign, but familiar at the same time. What was it?

  I search in my mind for the presence and I find it, I reach out to it. Only to receive a bitter snarl and a ominous glare and bright gold eyes burning into my soul, I jerk forwards slamming my head back into the wall. Wincing I rub my head the pain still there but lessened.

  That had to have been my wolf, but why did it seem so distant from me. It was acting like I wasn't it's other half. And the feeling that she was omitting from her body was one of rage, I knew my wolf she was soft and kind. She would never give off such a blood thirsty vibe, but to my evident surprise she was giving off that and many other violent emotions that shock me.

  She was suppose to be me, was that me or was that the me that knew everything about Lancaster and Beau. It felt like the lines between me and this other thing that was suppose to be the real me were becoming more blurred by the second.

 "Nike..." A voice ask slowly and I turn my tear stained face towards the voice, it belongs to Beau. I give him a sad smile, one that held all the anguish that I felt. 

"Who am I? Tell me please.... I n-need to know who I am Beau!" I whisper to him in an exasperation. I need to know, it would tear me apart if I didn't know. Although, I have a feeling either way I am going to be torn apart. 

"You're Nike, Nike Kellie." He tells me though their was no stutter in his voice, I knew it was a lie. I wasn't Nike Kellie, although, at the same time I felt like Nike. My nose flares as I draw in a deep breathe, my chest expands and I feel a scream raising in my throat. 

  But I push it down as I release my lungful of air. Trying to calm the ragging emotions that I felt playing havoc on my mind and body. 

"Stop lying to me, it wouldn't do any good anymore. I've already know that I've met you before, although, I don't think you liked me very much." I tell him in a muddled whisper. Feeling cautious now and wanting nothing more than to hide.