𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 . 𝗌𝗂𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗒

𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒★                          𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

The darkroom was a place that was safe and terrifying, a place where the pitch-black consume someone. The curtains were closed in the daylight, creating an even look dingier atmosphere for the room. Eventually, when Achilles grew up to be eighteen, the room became rancid and caused the small prince to sleep outside when he could. Often, the chef brought fetid meals in the dead of night for his simple pleasure, grinning as Achilles would wake up gagging.

    It was a place to be hidden yet to be seen; so paradoxical as it created much anguish in his life. His sole protection was the room, and even that refuge was a cage itself. He had hated how the cage would open from the outside, and the sadistic maids or clown-like butlers would enter with devilish cackles. Achilles hated that he couldn't open it up from the inside and instead would look up from the blanket darkness, just wishing for one thing. For what he supposed would be his savior so long ago, Claude.

The room was a cage of security even when the door was open for anyone to peek inside.

Helena stood in front of them, her eyes flickering around in panic as she tried to think of a way out of this. Achilles didn't think there was one. Maids stuck their heads out of the door, fear muddled their gaze as the knight, the king's knight, moved down the hall with a heavy aura. The small boy felt like today, twenty-two years into his life, was when he'd be seized from them. For the first time, Achilles was treated with the utmost respect- so much so, that it felt fake. The boy really hoped Felix wasn't faking.

Perhaps this time Helena truly would be punished for her misdeeds, like embezzling and theft, Achilles still hadn't the idea. Feeling confident, maybe even misusing the emotion, he waves his boney hand towards the fearful maids. They, in response, could only pale further.

Above him, the boy could see that Felix was holding back his upturned lips- he wasn't sure why- however when the knight gazed down at him, it could only be described as keening with pride. Slowly, he was quite adjusted to it, Achilles was understanding that the knight thought his treatment was outlandish and cruel. It was feasible that he wasn't meant to be treated this way, but he was still unsure.

Helena, who walked in front of them, glanced over her shoulder with ember-filled eyes. She was furious, and the confidence that filled Achilles left him: leaving his shoulders hunched and eyes darted to the polished ground. Promptly, Felix's large calloused hand cover the front of his vision and guided his gaze towards the elder man's gentle eyes. Achilles felt confounded by the small action, he wasn't comforted so warmly before. Even in his past life when maids were kind to him, they were bullied relentlessly or fired; thus growing a cycle of resentment towards the little prince.