~Different Day,Same Alien~

(Jordan's POV)

"I hope they got a McDonalds in here, I need me two McDoubles and an ice cream." Dariush pants as we run into the mall.

"If the ice cream even machine works." I reply.

"We'll see, we'll see." Dariush repeats.

The five of us run down the escalators, Gabriel and I taking a left towards the six mannequins with adidas clothing on them. The other three take a right where Star Wars character figures stand, Dariush quoting stuff from the film as he holds a blue lightsaber in his hands.

"Guys." I call, grabbing their attention.

The three walk over, each of us picking out an outfit for ourself. We all separate, getting changed away from each other.

"Shit, man!" I hear Dariush yell. "Gabriel, get out. Dude, I'm changing!"

I giggle them walk out to see the two boys fighting. Dariush is already dressed so I don't know what he's yelling about now. We all make our way down the escalator, feeling clean due to our new clothes.

"Guys, look." Alex says, walking over to a figure with clothes on. "It's Mannequin Skywalker."

"Man, if you don't-" Dariush sighs, cutting himself off. "No, you know what? That shit was funny. That was pretty good."

'Woah' I say shocked because Dariush never agrees with Alex or ever thinks hes funny

The others look at me with confusion but I ignore them, running outside as my eyes stay fixated on a car in the parking lot. It's in excellent condition despite what's happening to its surroundings.

"1973 Ford Mustang Mach One." Alex says, his nerd side showing again. "My dad had one just like it."

"That mustang doesn't have any computers or anything that can be fired by the pulse, right?" Gabriel asks.

"Right." Alex replies.

The five of us run over to the car, clambering inside it with excitement. We will be able to get to places faster, not having to tire ourselves out by pedalling away from creatures. Alex sits in the drivers seat but pauses.

"What's wrong?" Dariush asks, wondering but the boy stopped in his tracks.

"I can't drive a stick." Alex tells us.

I go to offer to drive but ZhenZhen and Alex switches places, ZhenZhen now driving while Alex sits in the passengers seat. That leaves me in the back, stuck beside an idiot and a cutie. The music blasts in our ears, our heads bobbing to the rhythm. However, our mood is soon destroyed at the sight of the alien landing on the car and running the condition of it by shattering the glass.

"It's on the roof!" Dariush yells.

Gabriel grabs me, pulling me into his arms and away from the aliens claw. ZhenZhen drives through a bus stop, glass shattering everywhere. We all sigh with relief, thinking that we're safe. Big mistake. The creature lands on top of the car again, causing it to swerve around like crazy.

"Jump!" ZhenZhen orders as we drive over a bridge.

"Are you crazy?" Dariush yells.

Gabriel wraps his arms around me, pulling us out of the car as he cushions my impact.