~Saving The World~

The lights turn on, beaming brightly above our heads as they provide us more light.

"Shit, she actually got the power back on!" Gabriel exclaims.

"Good. Do you see the monitors at the back of the room? Are the control stations working?" The General asks.

Gabriel hesitates before letting go of me, running to the back of the room and checking if they're. I watch him carefully, his eyes meeting mine as he nods he's his head while sticking his thumbs up.

"The computers aren't working." I tell the General.

"Now insert the crypto-key." The General instructs.

I look over at Gabriel, watching him concentrate as he frantically inserts the key. Dariush takes a seat in the chair beside him, still breathing heavily.

"I got it! I got it!" Gabriel exclaims.

"Okay, did your friend move the satellites yet?" The General asks.

Gabriel runs over to us, grabbing me once again. The three of us look over at the cameras to see Alex climbing up the tower.

"No, I see him but he hasn't moved it yet." Dariush tells the General.

"He's still climbing." I add.

"Then you have to wait because you launch excalibur." The General says.

We all nod then continue to watch Alex climb up the tower. In another camera, I notice an alien inching its way towards the poor ginger boy. When will this fucking cunt die?

"Shit!" I exclaim as we all frantically yell out Alex's name.

"Active the PA system." The General instructs.

Gabriel nods then searches the control panels frantically before pressing the button for the PA system.

"Alex!" Dariush yells, his voice echoing into the roof.

"God?" I hear Alex say through the camera, looking around.

"Behind you, look down!" Gabriel warns.

Alex looks down, panic filling his face. He begins to kick the satellite in order to get it to move. The satellite soon turns, a light going green.

"He did it!" I exclaim.

Alex quickly climbs up to the top of the tower, the alien right at his feet. Alex pulls his belt off, throwing it over the wire before zipping down it.

"Okay, you need two need to launch excalibur." The General tells us.

I furrow my brows. "Two? There's three of us."

I look over at Dariush to see thats he's passed out in his chair. Gabriel helps me over to the up to the control panels at the back of the room, careful not to hurt me.

"Get the two launch keys from the safe. Let me know when your there and I'll give you the code." The General instructs.

Gabriel moves around the mess on the panels, his eyes falling onto the lock with numbers. I watch panic fill his face, his breathing become heavier. I feel myself slowly slipping in and out of unconsciousness. Now isn't the time, Jordan!

"The code is 9-6-3-2-2-1-0-3." The General says. "Tell me when you've got it open."

Gabriel starts punching in random numbers, hoping that it'd be right. I grab a pen and paper, scribbling down the code before shakily handing it to Gabriel.

"Here, I wrote it down for you." I say, fighting to stay conscious.

Gabriel takes the paper out of my hand and puts in the code with ease. He then pulls two things out from the safe, holding them up.

"It is imperative that they are inserted at the same time." The General informs.

Gabriel nods then helps me over to one of the controls, handing me a key. I watch him run to the opposite side, a key in his hand too. We each insert the card, the two of us looking at one another.

"Okay, three." Gabriel says.

"Two" I continue

"On-" Gabriel begins.

Gabriel is cut off by an alien falling through the ceiling and charging at us. ZhenZhen appears, grabbing Dariush as we run around the corner. Unfortunately, we all fall into a pile on the floor as the alien slowly edges towards. It growls loudly, the four of us screaming. Gabriel pulls me into his arms, holding onto me tightly as I grip his arms. Right before the alien can do anything to us, a rubix cube hits it head which causes it to turn to the direction it came from.

"Come at me, bitch!" Alex yells as he stands near the stairs with a flare gun in his hand.

"What are you doing? You can't kill that thing with a flare gun!" Gabriel states.

"No, but I know what can. Launch excalibur then meet me outside!" Alex yells.

The creature growls, Alex taking off as the alien follows closet behind. The four of us get up, Gabriel and I heading to the buttons.

"Three, two, one, go!" Gabriel counts.

Gabriel and I twist the knobs on the controls, the lights turning green hit as a text appears on the screen in front. We all yell in excitement as I throw my arms around Gabriel, hugging him tightly.

"Get out of there immediately." The General instructs. "We're sending two units to pick you up. The building is not safe."

The four of us run out of the building, waiting for Alex to appear and join us. All of a sudden, part of the building explodes and we all fall to the ground due to the impact. Dariush and I groan loudly due to our wounds

"Alex!" ZhenZhen yells.

The girl goes to run forwards into the building but Dariush pulls her back. The girl lets out a dreadful scream of pain as tears run down her cheeks, Alex's watch gripped tightly in her hands. Alex is gone and there was nothing we could do to save him. I lean into Gabriel's body, letting him hold me as we watch the buildings rubble fall.