Chapter Three✓

We get to the bakery and the boys scramble inside with me right behind them. Knox and Kohl love coming here because they don't get to that often after the cake fight. Mrs. Trevor would probably try to convince some health inspector that I'm violating health codes or something if they did. I seriously wouldn't put it past her to try.

Not that a health inspector would find anything wrong with my bakery, I keep it cleaner than my house. Trust me, I keep my house super clean.

Plus, that's the last stress I would need while running a bakery and raising twin boys. I mean, raising the twins alone is a full-time job.

Was there a time I wished for girls instead?

Yes, but it was only twice, and it was whenever the boys would go roll around in the mud like they were pigs. It doesn't make me a bad mother though, cause I love my boys, just wish they would stay out of the mud. I don't think that's too much to ask for. Washing their clothes after that is a pain in the ass by the way. I didn't even bother with their shoes, I just bought them new ones.

Luckily, I think the pigs' phase is finally over. Been a while since they've gone rolling around in the mud.

Thank goodness for that.

I hear a thud sound and look around for the boys. I spot them at a corner table closest to the kitchen and sigh in relief that it was only a chair they knocked over. I walk over to them and pick it up before they have the chance to.

"Are you boys hungry? I could make you some grilled cheese sandwiches?" I ask them, standing next to Knox and running my hand through his soft hair.

He doesn't mind it, unlike Kohl. He hates having his hair messed with, and he takes his time in the mornings to get it just right. I can already tell he will be a pain to get to school when he gets older. Let's just hope he doesn't take longer than me to get ready in the mornings when I actually wake up early enough to do so.

"Mom, can we get pizza instead? Please?" Kohl clasps his hands together like he's praying and continues to say please.

I glance over my shoulder and tense up when I see that Cage is still here and is coming my way. His face was clean, showing no signs of having a cupcake smashed in his face. I turn back around, hoping I can just ignore him, then he'll go away. I plan on talking to him. l know I need to. I just would rather it not be here.

Gosh this whole situation is such a mess, much like that face full of cupcake was.

I still can't believe I smashed a cupcake in his face. Clearly I'm not a normal person. I mean, he did startle me, but still a cupcake to the face.

Way to go Rory.

"Ask Sam if that's okay with him since he's your guest."

"Is that okay with you, Sam?" Kohl stops pleading so he can ask Sam.

Sam was about to speak, but was interrupted.

"Rory? Can we talk?"

I'm silent for a moment and about to speak before I'm the one who is interrupted this time.

"Mom! Mom! It's Cage Trevor!" Knox and Kohl say, their voices dripping with awe and excitement.

I'm startled when they realize who he is. Even Sam seems to know him by the way he keeps gaping at him.

I turn around slowly and look at Cage. He's not looking at me though, he's looking at the twins. He looks surprised.

Oh no.

Cage opens his mouth to speak, but I talk before even a sound gets past his lips.

"Boys, go ask Quinn to order your pizza. I'll be right back." I grab Cage's arm and drag him to my office.