Chapter Eleven

My date with Cage is tonight. Honestly, I have never been more nervous about anything in my life. Except for when I gave birth to the twins. Nobody would blame me on that one though there were a lot of things that could go wrong. Much like how a lot of things could go wrong on this date.

I'm like this mix between nervous, calm, and excited. I like Cage way more than I have liked any other guy.

I mean yeah sure I don't have very much dating experience and only really had one boyfriend. That was in high school during my sophomore year. I just have a feeling that whatever is happening between Cage and me can either be a really good thing and become something real. Or a really bad thing and ruin what we have. I just don't think there will be any in-between with us. I just hope this is a really good thing. It would be nice for the boys to have two parents who are together and in their lives. Yet if that's not how this is going to be that's fine. I can only hope we'll be able to get along if we don't work out.

I already dropped Knox and Kohl off at Noah's house, with the puppies. Luckily for me, Noah was fine with Muddy and Buddy staying with him too. The twins were super excited when they found out they were going to help him build some cupboards. They both love anything to do with the building.

It's probably their favorite thing to do other than play baseball.

I decided to wear this long-sleeved navy blue sweater dress with black tights underneath, it goes to the middle of my thigh on me. For shoes, I'm wearing my black boots that go to my knees.

I look at the time on my phone and see that it's almost six o'clock.

He should be here soon.

He didn't tell me where we are going, just that he wanted it to be a surprise. So I'm hoping I am dressed fine for where ever that may be.

I'm still unsure of whether this date is a good idea or not, but before I can change my mind the doorbell rings. I walk to the door, patting my hair down along the way, and open the door. Instantly breathless the moment I see him. He's wearing a long-sleeved navy blue button-down shirt with some medium wash Levi jeans, and some brown cowboy boots.

"Wow Rory you look gorgeous," Cage says.

"Thank you, so do you. I mean you look very handsome," I tell him nervously.

He's making me all flustered. I'm acting like I have never seen a good-looking guy before when I have. Just not one as handsome as Cage. I really don't know why I'm nervous this is just like that night in high school. We got along just fine then and we do so now. So there isn't much of a reason to be all flustered and nervous.

"Shall we go?" Cage asks means offers me his elbow.

I nod my head and link my arm with his.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see. I promise you will love it though."

We step outside and I turn to lock the front door before continuing to follow him to his truck. He opens the passenger side door for me and gives me a hand up.

"Thank you," I tell him then buckle my seatbelt and he shuts the door.

It's silent as we drive not an awkward silence though. I don't know where we are going just know that it's out of town. Only know that since we just drove past the welcome to Rushmore sign. Cage drives for about thirty minutes more before turning down a gravel road. Another five minutes go by then a house comes into view. It's a beautiful dark gray two-story house with white trim and has a wrap-around front porch. It looks like it comes right out of some magazine with the mountains in the background.