Chapter Thirty-three

Cage and Catch took Knox and Kohl for the day. They're going to Cage's house to help with horse's and maybe get to ride one. Which makes me nervous since I'm not there but I know Cage and Catch will take care of them.

Even though Catch hasn't been back in Cage's life for long and they still have there issues to go through. It kind of seems like he's been here the whole time, because he has quickly woven into the fabrics of our lives. The boys' adore him too, the first time they called him uncle he got tears in his eyes and had to excuse himself. I think back to that day from a month ago, we had just gotten back from getting Just Tacos and came back to my house for us all to watch a movie.

I sort of felt like he could use someone to talk with then so I told Cage I would be right back, and he nodded with a knowing look in his eyes.

"Hey Catch," I sit down next to him at my kitchen island.

Catch jerks his head up at the sound of my voice, clearly wasn't expecting anyone to follow after him. He quickly wipes the evidence of his tears away.

"Hey Rory," Catch gives me a wobbly smile.

That I don't buy at all, so I just reach and hug him tightly. Catch tenses at first then his whole body relaxes and he falls into my embrace, and cries.

It's obvious no one has hugged him in years, I can imagine that the people he used to hang out with were never the hugging type. Everyone could use a hug once and awhile, I always felt there was something healing about a hug. Like it has the power to tear you apart yet put you back together to. Like you're trying so hard to stay strong and then someone just hugs you and you fall to pieces yet at the same time slowing being rebuilt.

Catch let's go of me and sits up straight about ten minutes later.

"Sorry Rory. You should go back and finish the movie I'll be fine."

"I don't know what all you have been through in your life but I want you to know we will always be here for you. That's what family is all about, having people that will support you in every decision you make and always be here if you need help or just need to talk to someone."

"Thank you, I know I don't deserve to be part of your guys family after what I put Cage through but I appreciate it. I will prove to you all that I'm different, because I really don't want to mess up not when I'm an uncle now. I really want to be a good uncle to Knox and Kohl. I want to be a person you can all be proud to know," Catch gets a look of determination on his face, I know he will do just that.

Not only that but he will be a person he can be proud of too.

I come back to the present and knock on my parents front door then go inside. I called ahead to let them know I was coming over. I've been meaning to talk to them for the past month about the she devil but we all have been busy. Plus I wanted to talk to them when young ears aren't present to eavesdrop.

At first, I was just going to forget about how Mrs. Trevor aka the she devil dated my dad but what can I say?

I'm curious.

"Mom? Dad?" I call for them, wondering where they are at in the house.

"We're in the kitchen sweetie!" Mom calls back to me, and I walk to the kitchen.

"Hey Rora bear," My Dad gets up off the stool he was sitting in and pulls me into a hug.

"Hey Dad."