Alpha's responsibility

Tanner's POV

I looked dead straight in my mates eyes as he backed away from our hug. Concerned and worried as he asked as his skin turned a bit more pale than before. His left eye is a black eye. Few cuts and scratch marks all over the place. And a bit of dry blood still hanging out from his nose which I will clean him later.

I sighed, "what I had to do Justine. As a loyal mate I am to you and my duties of becoming the next alpha. I couldn't let them continue to get away with it. Others might get hurt, rouges will see us as an easy target. But most importantly, I dont want to see you hurt..." I trail off as my emotions come out. I know I keep them back but my mate 100% deserves to know how I'm feeling

"...They already broken most of your bones. Who to say your soul next? I dont want... I dont want to lose you. Not almost again" I pull him back into a hug and hold him there tight.

I felt him slowly wrap his arms around me again. As I felt hot tears into my shirt and neck. My poor baby pup... or should I technically call him a kit sense he is a raccoon?

Eh I'll ask later.

I picked Justine up and walked towards the exit. I stopped before the nice nurse who was working on paperwork on her computer.

She stopped to turn towards us as she was wearing her pink nurse outfit. She waved to Justine and gave him a lollipop as I signed him out.

As I continue to walk out the office and school. Barely anyone was here as it was technically lunch time. But once again we had to cancel school to another blood fest....

At least my father has dealt with the concerning issue. Or else I would of killed then with my own two hands and k9 teeth. Now here I am daydreaming of ripping their sweet voice box out of their throats.

I pull out my chair keys and lightly sat pup in his chair and buckled him up for him. I'll baby him up til he feels better again if I have to. Heck I'll even baby him when he isn't healing/hurt.

I ran around to my side and started up my car. Before driving away

~

On our way back to the pack house, the drive was quiet but warming at the same time. I was happy I have my mate by my side. My brain was coming up with ideas how to take care of him when we get home. Should I make chicken or steak? Does he want a bath with bubbles or a bath bomb. Does he want a massage? Does he want to watch a movie?

As I come to a stop at a red light. Across the street from Fork, my eyes get drawn to a man. Werid man with an eye patch and a disgusting beard that needs lots of trimming. Where have I seen him before? No one claims of any rogues yet. My wolf thou. My wolf doesnt like him one bit. He was searching for something... or someone. He has like a net for grabbing big creatures. A flashlight turned on to look under dark spaces

I keep a mental check in my head to watch this guy.

I speed by as soon as the light turn green

My first priority

My mates happiness

I updated, please be proud of meeee

Oh and I'll fix mistakes soon so expect reuploaded chapters