Search (Edited)

Tanner's Pov

Casey, Jasmine and I began to walk through the park right by our school to get there on time.

Jasmine sighs looking at the park.

"I wish this park was more lively," she says in sorrow

I nod agreeing.

"Hopefully winter passes by, fast" Casey says

She nods "same"

We saw the school insight. But i got stopped by a certain smell before crossing over a bridge.

I took a big sniff and fell in love with the toxic smell.

Fresh spring and waterfall. It was amazing.

"Tanner? You ok dude?"

I purred at the smell and looked around hoping I can find someone. Someone I can call my mate. But soon my wolf inside me whimpers.

Casey shakes me, "hey snap out of it, were going to be late"

I nod and followed him. We entered the school and I keep smelling the distant smell. Sometimes it would intensify then soften down.

Damn, I'm going crazy.

"Gezz dude, you ok? You keep growling underneath your breath. Do we need to call your dad?" Jasmine asks worried and stops in the middle of the hallway

I stopped and tried to calm myself

"I'm fine you guys... but there has been something bothering me sense the park"

"Which is?" Casey looks at me surprised and scared

Its not normal for alphas like me to be bothered by something. Usually means rogues or are unmated mate is nearby

"An amazing smell. Sweet like Lillies by a clean waterfall. Like going to Hawaii and seeing the many waterfalls they had their or the ones up in the Rockies"

They look confused at each other before looking at me

".... did you just smell the scent of your fated mate?" Jasmine says and jumps up and down happy

"What? How come I didn't smell it last week or the week before? I have been going to this school every day"

"Ya but both mates have to be 18... or we probably have a new student..."

"Or both" jasmine says.... crazy into her own romantic daydreams

"Ok dreamer girl, we don't need one of your fantasies right now," Casey says grabbing her shoulder, preventing her from jumping up in down in cheer

Then the 10-minute bell rang, signaling us to get to first hour...

I groan and whimper, Casey pats my back, "we will find your mate later. Let's get to class before we're late... again" we look towards Jasmine, blaming her and her stupid woman problems last time

I nod and head to class. But the smell intensifies.

My wolf starts clawing at the surface. Soon we go through the door as soon as the tardy bell rings. I look up and saw a beautiful sight

Mate

A beautiful man with short little curls that make him a bit feminine. Brown eyes that showed a fighting spirit. Tan skin also showed that he spends most of his time outside.

He. WAS. PERFECT.

I smile and wave towards him as he was eyeing me.

He smiles a bit but looks around him as the girls near him awed at me as well. He looked away and sat back, sinking a little bit.

My wolf whined and whimpered wanting attention from his mate.

I sat down in front of him with Casey in our assigned seats

Jasmine was the lucky one and sat by my mate. How did she manage that throughout the whole school term?

The lecture started... I groan as the idiot teacher was teaching us about geometry...again... I hate geometry and stupid numbers that go along with it... like who cares how many can fit in a stupid box. We can't compress items together to get what we want. Also, what the heck is radius? Plus why do we need to square root shit?

But my attention gets drawn away as the smell of blood hits my nose. Sweet and fresh like the springs as well. I turn around and saw my mate digging his... hands? Into his sides and his stomach growls like crazy.

Has he even eat anything yet today? Speaking of which now that I'm looking at his figure..... has he even eat anything at all in the last week?

Jasmine saw it too and took out her crackers from her lunch pale and gave it to my mate

He licks his lips and looks at Jasmine like she was playing a prank on him

She whispers something and he dug into the package like a wild hungry animal.

I watch him, not even caring about the lesson anymore. I got a small glimpse of his teeth and paw-like hands.... so he's a shifter of some sort... but what?

I bet its a cat. A pretty black cat. Or a squirrel, like a flying squirrel.

Or what if he was a werewolf himself. That would make things a whole lot easier.

But that man... that beautiful tan, curly long hair man..... he will be MINE and ill make sure he's loved, well fed, guarded. And always with a smile on his face.

I'll make sure I die making him happy. He already got me around his finger... or should I say... claw