Search Hunt (Edited)

Tanner's POV

 We went around the park hoping we can pick up any scents nearby. But it was harder for Casey and Jasmine as they didn't have Justine as a mate like I did. I smelled nothing yet, but distant blood that drove me mad. 

We started looking behind alleyways and trash cans. What? Anything is possible if he's homeless.

Sooner or later we started asking owners and pedestrians if they have seen a boy walk by that looked hurt or was bleeding. A lot of people denied seeing him. We continued walking a few more blocks around the park. 

We soon get to are the last stretch. We headed in to get some coffee as it was getting a bit chiller as we spend 2 hours outside. Sunset was going to be here soon in about an hour or so. We got coffee and sipped it, resting are minds. Well, more on Casey's and Jasmine's mind. Mine couldn't slow down as my wolf and I started thinking my mate would end up dead sooner or later. Or find his body on the street dead. 

Then the owner of the coffee shop came out to us. Greeted us. 

"Tanner! Its nice to see you around these parts again. Its been a while eh?"

I nod, "It has been sir"

He shakes his head and waves his hands, "Don't call me that anymore. Besides your almost alpha now. Just call me Mr. Smith"

I nod, "Of course Mr.Smith" I smile as best as I can to him

"Now tell me what are you guys doing out around these parts of town other than the huge park and the school?"

Jasmine speaks up, "We're looking for a boy. About this high," she puts her hand up to herself the close average height my mate would be, "and has brown eyes and short curly brown black-ish hair? Very tan skin"

Mr.Smith shook his head no, "Not in these parts Missy"

We all nod and continue sipping on coffee, trying to hurry up and get back out there. 

"But I do have a problem that needs help some point this week if you guys can do it" Mr. Smith continues

I look up at him in question, "What's your problem, Mr.Smith?"

He sighs, "I have a pesky problem. You see recently around these parts of town. There has been a raccoon running in and out of are alleyways and in trash cans. I feel bad for the fella being stuck in the town. But I was wondering if you guys can move it to the forest or shoot it down, out of its misery. It's really scaring costumers from out of town from coming out to places. Afraid of getting rabies or whatnot. Whatever the raccoon is carrying"

I nod and put down my coffee, "Of course well help. Can't let this business go down cause of some raccoon"

"Sweet, rumors has it that the raccoon lives in the park. Some theories are that he lives under the bridges or in the sewers or even in the trees or bushes. The city is scared to turn anything on in the park because of the raccoon. "

I nod, "Ok well I guess we can look through the park for the missing boy and see if we can find any other clues to see where this raccoon is as well," I say to all three

Casey and Jasmine nod and threw away their empty cups of coffee. I finished mine and threw mine out as well. 

Mr.Smith waved bye to us as we crossed the street and walked into the park. 

No wonder they won't make this park any better. It's because fear overrides coming out. 

We saw the fountain that was still running all these years. We started checking in the trees and in the stomps for any signs of the boy or the raccoon. Hoping we could kill two birds with one stone. Ok well, not kill my mate but you know what I mean.

"Ummm, Tanner?!?" Jasmine studders and gasps. Fear was within her voice.

"What's up Jasmine?" I ask as I walk over to her where she was by the old bridge.

I stopped before I got near her and purred out and growled out "MATE" 

I rushed over and saw what she was looking at.... blood going underneath the bridge

"What in the world can fit into that tight spot?" Casey asks as he saw the sight

"Not human... that's for sure," Jasmine says

"But.. my mate is human.," I say confused

"Really? Are you sure about that?" Casey questions me

"Well ya... he smelled human... I believe"

They looked at each other and rolled their eyes. 

"What did he really smelt like Tanner?"

"well... a nice sweet smell of fresh grass and spring water, like a waterfall." I purred out

"Right... I remember you saying that earlier.... ugh... I forgot mates have a sweeter smell to each other, to attract each other... Tanner... remember earlier I said his blood smelts like dirt and moldy water?"

I nod remembering

"It smells like that right now"

I looked at the bridge.." If that's the case, we need to break open that bridge and recuse my mate.... whatever he may be"

They nod. 

We went over to the bridge and started looking at how to take it down without hurting whoever is underneath.

 We saw some screws and nails. Casey and Jasmine were talking to each other on what tools they can open the bridge with and who to call to make it all happen. But when I started to listen, I heard someone breathing hard. Their breathing sounded really broken as they struggled. Like they were trying to give up so hard. 

This made me lose control of my self. I felt my wolf take control as my claws came out over my hands. My muscles became enlarged. I grab the side of the mini bridge and tear it off its hinges.

"Orrrr that could work too," Jasmine commented as they saw me lose control

(btw this bridge isn't so big. Its like those mini bridges that are just really for design) 

I growl and threw the mini bridge far away. 

Soon we all looked down and saw a mini house. Boxes of packaged cereal, torn up small blanket. Rotten food that was probably months old.

And one bleeding and unconscious raccoon. Willing to give it all up