CH 20: Change of Base Rule

Castor is that puppy you stroked at a pet shop because you found it cute but had no intentions of buying. However, that puppy misconstrued your actions and now it's being clingy not realizing that you just have no space for it in your life.

And I must be a first-class bitch if I can say no to puppies...or babies for that matter. I mean, I love babies as long as I can return them to their owners after I am done playing the doting adult for an hour; two when I'm bored. Or three hours tops when her name is Enid and she's my sister.

But I couldn't just see myself taking responsibility for puppies, babies...or Castor Saenz; they just entail too much work.

"Na-miss kita," he said tightening his arms around me.

I wasn't sure why it felt so comfortable being embraced by him; it was like he suddenly turned into one of my favorite go-to cardigans – oversized, warm, cozy...stylish...

What the hell is running inside your head, Ayn?

"You're back," I said resolutely pushing him away.

He smiled. "Were you surprised?"

"Not at all. Nothing you do surprises me now."

He chuckled. "Halika na, pauwi ka na ba?" he asked as if nothing happened – as if we had not just argued over the phone.

And as if he did not dry-humped me to orgasm two days ago.

"Castor, about earlier—"

"Castor, you're back!" I heard the familiar voice of my mother who couldn't hide her kilig to find Castor Saenz and me in the same building. "Did you miss Ayn that's why you flew back in early? Aww...young love is just so sweet!" Mom enthused lightly hitting my father's shoulder. "'Di ba, Daddy?"

My father smiled at us dotingly and looked genuinely pleased when Castor shook his hand before bowing to respectfully touch it against his forehead. "Good evening po, Dad."

My mother girlishly laughed after Castor did the same to her. "May nagmamano na sa atin, Daddy," she said. "Naku, one of my regrets was we never taught the girls kung paano magmano. It's a beautiful tradition that the younger generations shouldn't stop practicing."

"It's a tradition that I'd hopefully be able to pass on to our children po, Mommy," Castor suavely said.

My mother clapped her hands. "Perfect. My Ayn is so lucky to have you as her husband. Mabait, matalino, guwapo, at magalang. 'Di ba, Anak? Wala ka nang hahanapin pa rito kay Castor, he's a complete package.

I glued a smile to my face.

"Are you two going somewhere?" Dad asked.

"No—"

"Yes—"

"Ano ba talaga? Are you going somewhere or not?" Mom laughingly asked.

I inwardly groaned.

"What we mean po is we're not going somewhere since we'll be staying at home..." Castor expertly alibied.

I fucking hate lawyers. They are too good at lying.

He draped an arm around my shoulders. "Sobrang na-miss ko po kasi si Mrs. Saenz."

"Ohh..." Mom gave me a knowing smile.

I wanted to come clean and just tell my parents that yes, they raised a lying bitch and no, I wasn't in love as they'd like to believe and I'd be more than willing to get punished for my lies. But they seemed so delighted to have finally married me off that I was sure I would need to change my last name to something else because I'd be disowned.