CH 5: Alpha Decay

I had an uneasy sleep and I was confused a little why I felt angry the moment I opened my eyes until the events of the previous night came playing in annoying sepia.

I got off the bed then threw a peignoir over my silk pajamas.

"Disgusting piece of shit! Who does he think he is? I would have wanted to personally deliver my revenge on a crystal platter but I might end up killing him and I don't want to go to hell for him!" I grumbled as I went down the stairs. "Ugly, wretched, despicable, vile piece of turd—"

I stopped in my tracks when I realized that there were people sitting in the living room and they were all looking at me with varying degrees of surprise. Or was that amusement?

"Ayn!" I heard my mother gaily call out and I transferred my gaze to her. "I thought you were still sleeping. Ipinakatok kita kay Manang Mely kanina but she told me na tulog ka pa raw."

"Good morning, Ayn," I heard a familiar voice say and my eyes sought and found Castor Saenz who was smiling brightly at me.

My rage instantly overflowed. What the fuck is this maggot doing in my house?!

"My princess!" Mom sensing that I was about to curse Castor Saenz into oblivion rose to her feet. "Ayn, Castor's family is here. Go back up and change."

Why the hell is that worm here?! I wanted to scream but forced myself to calm down. They want to talk about the project, Ayn. Please, no matter how furious you are, do not jeopardize your family's business!

I glued a smile on my face. "Good morning po, pasensya na po, I didn't know that we have visitors..."

The Saenzs beamed at me.

"If you'll excuse me..." I turned to leave.

"Ayn baby...?" There was something in my mother's tone that made me frown.

"I'm going back to sleep, Mom," I said my smile not slipping. "You can talk about the project with Castor's family without me. Excuse me lang po—"

"They're not here for the Red Dragon project, Princess..." Mom's smile was wide and almost pleading.

Well, I don't care which fucking dragon they are here for, I don't want to see that asshole's face again!

I mentally raised my middle finger at Castor Saenz as I smiled courteously at my mother. "I see...but, you and Dad can easily handle whatever project they might have in mind so if you'll excuse me—"

"Princess, you have to be present in the dialogue..."

My eye nearly twitched in annoyance. Ano ba, Mommy! Didn't I tell you last night that I don't want to see Castor Saenz again?!

"Mom..." The smile I gave  my mother was full of warning. "I'd rather not get involved in their business proposal. Kaya n'yo na po ni Daddy 'yun."

"But they're not here for a business proposal, Princess" my Dad spoke.

I looked inquiringly at him.

"Castor is here to ask for your hand in marriage..."

I looked blankly at him. "What?"

"Castor told your father and me that he wants to marry you!" my mother said sounding giddy with joy. "He and his family are here to formally ask for your hand in marriage! Princess, isn't it fantastic?"

My mind couldn't grasp what I had just heard. After that disaster of a date last night, Castor Saenz actually had the nerve to show his face to me again much more ask my parents if he could marry me?