CH 13: Accelerating Expansion of the Universe

I cocked my head to the side as I studied Castor's profile; he could easily be a model had he decided not to be a lawyer – well-defined cheekbones, chiseled jawline, a Roman nose, and eyes that were looking at me as if he knew of my lewdest of secrets.

"We made love?" I asked.

He responded with a smile.

"Really?"

"You don't remember?" he said.

I reached for his face before I stepped closer to him until my chest was touching his. "I do."

"You do?" he sounded unsure.

I nodded. "I remember the silky red sheets and the petals that you have spread on the bed. I remember how we laughed when we turned the covers before disappearing beneath them. I remember undoing the buttons of your light blue polo and how we had a hard time getting your pants off you because they were so tight and the zipper was stuck..."

A frown slowly marred his face.

"Oh, but we didn't let that broken zipper stop us, did we? I remember you were wearing a pair of striped dark blue boxers...or was that gray? I'm not sure because I was so drunk. You were there, alam mo naman siguro...."

A vein popped out of his neck.

I pretended to look perplexed. "Were you wearing briefs back then? Sorry, hindi ko na talaga matandaan. I mean, I don't remember the details but I remember the moans..."

He did not reply but a muscle in his jaw twitched.

"I am not sure if those moans were mine or yours—"

"Okay, stop. We didn't do it, okay? So those memories better be things that you just made up, Ayn, or I swear—"

"How does your own medicine taste like?" I asked before I rolled my eyes at him. "Do you think I'm so stupid that I wouldn't even know if I have lost my virginity?"

"Okay, I'm so sorry."

"You're an ass."

"I was going to tell you later on that it was just a joke. It's just that you are so on top of everything that when an opportunity to shake you up a bit presents itself, I couldn't help it."

"That's mature and attractive and I am being sarcastic."

"But that kiss was real..."

"I know, I remember, and before I forget..." I hit his jaw with my hand.

"Aray."

"That's for the kiss earlier. You don't just kiss a girl and not get slapped."

He massaged his jaw.

"Masakit?" I asked.

He nodded before he offered me his hand. "Let's call a truce then?"

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Sige na, Ayn. I know we got off on the wrong foot and I really want to make things right. Lalo na ngayon, with our marriage being all over the news, gusto ko naman na amicable tayo."

"And whose fault is that?"

"Mine. I am taking full responsibility kaya nga 'eto ako, 'di ba, nakikipagbati ako sa'yo?"

He looked expectantly at me and I rolled my eyes at him before finally taking his hand.

"I am Castor Adrianus Saenz. Twenty-eight, lawyer, meat-lover, car enthusiast, Scorpio."

"Scorpio?"

"Yes, that's why I'm amorous."

"That's lame."