Chapter 9 - Harvey and The Crossbow

I sat in silence, catching my breath.

The elevator opened to a dimly lit floor, with dark turquoise wallpaper.

"Woah. Creepy"

I walked around the floor, looking through keyholes from time to time.

I came to the end of a hallway.

"307 was over here, why isn't this 308? Is this a storage room?"

I rattled the handle and said,

"Of course its locked"

I turned around, and jumped back in shock.

There was a man standing outside the Room 307, and it looked like he was angry.

"He made it up! I'm tellin' you! He's been lyin' about everythin'! Probably lyin' about the other stuff as well!"

"That's ridiculous! Jimmy wouldn't lie about stuff like that!"

"You sure about that? He lies about everythin'! Open your bloody eyes, Rose!"

"I'm not listening, Harvey!"

"Oh that's right! Walk off!"

"You've just got it in for him!"

"I'm telling you! It's the truth!"

The man stormed into the room and left me speechless.

I tugged at the 307 door, but it was locked.

"Hello?"

I said, hoping the man could hear me from the other side of the door.

The door swung open and the man said,

"Ah! Hello, Miss. Come on in"

I walked in and leaned up against the wall.

"So. You must be Harvey. Dr. Bose mentioned you"

I said, crossing my arms.

"Yeah. I'm Harvey."

He looked calm, yet disturbed in a way.

"I saw you yelling to someone named Rose about Jimmy's behavior. What had happened?"

He walked over to the bed and sat down on it.

"I was trying to convince Rose, Jimmy's mother, that Jimmy was lying about the Doctor. Everyone thought he had. . .touched. . .Jimmy. But I knew where he got his lie from"

I thought about this connection.

"I found a Scrapbook. Does that have something to do with Jimmy's lies?"

He nodded.

"It came straight out of it! I knew he was lying from the start, but as soon as I found the scrapbook, it had confirmed my suspicions. I confronted Rose about it, but she thought I had made it to blame Jimmy."

The lights flickered and Harvey had disappeared.

I had followed many flickering lights, talking to Harvey, after a few sightings and connections.

"So then the player hit the ball and it came straight for the bleachers! I reached up and caught the ball as it came my way! Isn't that crazy?"

Harvey had been explaining his baseball experiences as we had walked down the hallway with Rooms 212-215.

"And then, there was this one--"

Harvey had stopped himself as I grabbed the door for Room 215.