Chapter 33

Omniscient .

Today was the death anniversary of Mia's dad . She felt like doing nothing and she wanted to lay in bed the whole day but she knew sulking around wasn't a good thing since she knew her dad didn't want her to be doing that .

She decided to go to the cemetery and afterwards maybe go out to eat with her family .

Corey tried calling and texting her all morning , but she didn't answer . He thought something might've happened to her so he was on his way to her crib.

He finally got there and saw Bre and Don sitting on the couch.

"Wassup y'all ?" He dapped Don up and gave Bre a side hug.

"Wassup ." "Hey Corey ." They greeted .

"Where's Mia ?" He asked them as he took a seat on the couch. Bre looked at him and sighed .

"She up there . We've been here for about 30 minutes but she still hasn't come out ." Corey didn't know what was going on so he gave Bre a confused face . "It's her dad's death anniversary nigga ." She added and he's eyes widened.

"Shit ." He mumbled . "How could I forget . That's why she been all sad ?"

"Yeah ." Don answered . Corey stood up and went up to her room . He softly knocked on her door before opening it , and walked in .

"Hey." He lowly said . She looked towards him and gave a small smile .

"Hey big head ." She joked .

"Not you talking." He chuckled and sat next to her on her bed . "How you feeling though ?" He asked her .

"I'm good , really . I feel...no , I KNOW my dad wouldn't want me sulking around all day . I mean he's been gone for 3 years today and I've finally come to terms with it and accepted it . I know he would be very proud of me and Mir ." She smiled and so did he .

Seeing her happy was all that mattered to him .

"I'm glad you good shawty ." He pulled her into him and hugged her tight , not wanting to let go . They finally pulled away and he pecked her lips .

"Ew ." She scrunched her face up and he stale faced her . "I'm kidding ." She laughed .

"You know damn well it ain't no ew ." He mocked her and she laughed harder .

"Chile anywaysss...I'm going to the cemetery , would you mind taking me ?" She asked him .

"Nah , come one ." He stood up and so did she .

"Lemme just get my stuff , I'll meet you downstairs ." She said and he nodded , walking out the room .

A single tear rolled down her cheek and she wiped it before grabbing her things and walked out her room , closing the door behind her . She walked downstairs and seen the gang was there , including Army , King and Tameera .

"Hey y'all ." She greeted them .

"Heyy ." They greeted her .

"I'm finna go somewhere with Corey , I'll be back in a few ." She told them and they nodded .

"Lemme talk to you real quick ." King stood up and she nodded , following him to the kitchen .

"Wassup ? You good ?" She asked him and he nodded .

"Yeah mahn I'm straight , are you okay ? I know around this time you...you know , all sad ." He said and she smiled .

"Yes I'm good Mir . Like I said to Corey , he's gone and I've accepted it ." She said and he smiled at her .