14 | Drunken Desires

-mature themes-

The atmosphere was electric. The beat of the music thrummed in my chest before we'd even stepped out of her car.

I didn't need Sophia to tell me twice when she asked me to grab my purse and head up the dimply lit porch steps.

It was going to be a good night.

Linked arm in arm with Sophia, the stares from every one as we entered Full Moon didn't go unnoticed.

"What's the issue?" I asked.

She kept her vision ahead, nodding at the other pack members whose faces twisted in confusion and intrigue as they watched me closely.

"They are just curious is all..."

"So just to clarify, no one here is going to rip my throat out?" I had to double check. If I was going to die, I wanted to go out with a bang after all.

She turned to look at me before grabbing me by the shoulders.

"Oh hell no. Trust me Edie, you are off limits. They all know who you are."

I rolled my eyes and smirked, "Yes, a terrifying hybrid something full of piss and vinegar, they are rightly concerned!"

She stifled a giggle before leading me to the bar, before excusing herself to chat with a friend.

Time was in slow motion as I looked around. I wasn't expecting that I'd be hit with sentimentality as I remembered my first night here in this very place.

My eyes focused on the booth where I sat and heard Phelan's voice for the first time. I inhaled deeply, remembering the scent of the wild, the huskiness of his voice, and then his corded arms when he leant against the frame of the bar.

Fuck. Get out of my head already.

I felt myself almost snarl at the thought.

I shifted past a few people and went straight to the bar. I remembered the woman from that first night, her purple hair was gorgeous under the down lights. "One shot of tequila please."

Despite the booming music that reverberated through the place, I felt awkward waiting silently. I couldn't slam it down fast enough when I signaled with a peace sign to hit me with a second shot.

The glass clattered against the bench top as the stinging liquid slid down my throat. I scrunched my face in distaste but felt an instant relief.

The bartender eyed me cautiously, as if she was assessing my choices, but said nothing. I shrugged my shoulders, offering only a coy smile in return. I was determined to get him out of my head, so what else was a girl to do?

I held my fingers up again. Three, and down. Four, and down. I began to sway to the music as I relaxed into the mood.

It was a stupid little kiss.

I wanted to wash away my feelings. I couldn't stand that I wasn't able to articulate or understand what I was feeling and why.

But it didn't matter now. All that mattered was that I felt my mind began to slow, my body begin to relax and my inner chatter begin to cease.

This. This is what I came here for.

I mouthed a thank you to the quirky, cute bartender and threw my denim jacket over a stool before I pushed through the crowd to the dance floor.

Sliding my arms up above my head, I swayed to the rhythm, jumping to the beat as I mused on the fact that this quaint little werewolf town played some banging tunes.