27 - Our story

"Your mum's out, I thought, maybe we'd give our presents to each other?" Clarke said, looking at Lexa's back.

The brunette was sitting with her legs crossed on the bed, right in front of Clarke, doing something on her laptop.

But she immediately closed it, as Clarke mentioned the good idea.

"Okay, I'll start," Lexa said, already standing up and heading to her room. She came back a few seconds later with a medium-sized box, wrapped in a paper with cute reindeers. She grinned, proud of her present, and handed it to Clarke.

Clarke answered with a soft smile and started slowly unwrapping it. As she opened the box, she saw a big notebook. Her jaw dropped in a nice surprise as she gazed over the cover. It said : Our story. The text was inside a big heart, and all around it were smaller hearts drawn in different colors. Four photos of them in four corners.

Slowly and very gently, trying to not destroy anything, Clarke opened the notebook and got to the first page. There was a date and text that said "the day that we met". Lexa wrote a few things and there was a photo of how Clarke looked that day.

"Where'd you get that?" Clarke asked, looking curiously at Lexa, that was smirking mischievously.

"I might have gone through you snapchat roll." She nodded. "You took this photo that day. I believe that was before you met me."

Clarke gazed from Lexa to the photo again, shocked. "You gone through my snapchat roll?"

"Yes, but don't be mad, please. I wouldn't have done that without it. You're the one taking photos," Lexa quickly explained herself. She didn't realize till now that Clarke could've take that as some kind of invasion of her privacy.

Clarke only smiled softly. "I'm not mad. I don't have anything to hide from you, I don't care if you use my phone."

Lexa smirked relieved. she wasn't the jealous type, but she liked knowing that her girlfriend had nothing to hide from her. "Yeah, but you know, some people just don't like when someone uses their phone."

Clarke took Lexa's hand, gently rubbing her knuckles, just the way Lexa liked. "I don't care, really." She looked once again at the book, and then grinned to Lexa. "How about, I give you my present, and then we will read this?"

Lexa nodded in agreement and seconds later she was holding a very thin present, wrapped in paper. She looked curiously at Clarke last time, before she unwrapped it, as gently as she could. As the paper was gone, Lexa saw herself.

Clarke painted her as she was sleeping, using some charcoal. Every detail of her face was perfectly showed. Lexa stared at the painting in awe. She knew Clarke was talented, but this looked like some masterpiece.

"Oh my god!" Lexa looked up to Clarke, whipping away tears that showed up from those emotions. "I love it so much, thank you!" She moved to Clarke, pulling her into hug.

Clarke, as always, happily leaned into the contact. As Lexa was pulling away, Clarke grabbed her chin with one hand, pulling her into a kiss. Lexa, at first surprised, answered the kiss, already moving in sync.

As she felt herself slowly falling onto the bed, she opened her eyes. Clarke felt that gaze and at a second moved away to notice: "I love you so much." But before Lexa could even answer, Clarke's lips were once again on hers.

The doors to their room sudenly opened.

Girls were used to someone walking in and interrupting them, as that was happening too often, but this time they both froze, too scared to even look who was it.