4 - admire her

A bright flash of light outside the window woke up Clarke. She turned around on her bed to check on the clock on her night cabinet. It was only 6.30 a.m. When she finally got up from the bed to take the shower, she heard that someone was already in the bathroom. It was obviously Lexa.

Yesterday girls talked a little. Mostly about the rules. They made a few of them.

So, now Clarke had to wait until Lexa opened the door. When she saw Clarke she stopped, looking at her for the beginning a little surprised.

"Hi," she said, a little lower tone than a normal, probably to just not wake up Abby.

"Hi," Clarke answered. Both of them were staring at each other in silence for a few long breaths. This was a comfortable silence for both of them though. Soon enough Clarke understood it and stood up, grabbing her clothes. "So, can I?" she asked, pointing at the bathroom.

"Oh, yeah, sure," Lexa answered. She fastly went back to her room, closing the door behind her.

After a short shower, Clarke put on her underwear and an oversize, black T-shirt with some texts on its back. Then she opened Lexa's door and let her in.

Clarke started washing her teeth when Lexa came in. When she noticed that Clarke didn't have any pants she stopped. She blushed a little, looking at Clarke, confused. Clarke smirked in the corner of her mouth, knowing that she was the cause of Lexa's blush.

"What?" Clarke asked, taking the toothbrush out her mouth. She spat into the sink and again looked at Lexa. When Clarke didn't get the answer she added, "it's easier."

Lexa collapsed into giggles. Clarke tried to keep a stone face, but still was smirking a little bit.

"It really is hard to put on jeans after shower" now Clarke was also giggling. "Don't you dare judge me! You've got sweats."

"Please, forgive me, ma'am," Lexa said as seriously as she could after she stopped laughing, raising her hands in a defensive gesture.

"I forgive you," Clarke responded.

When both of them eventually stopped laughing, they started making themselves ready for school.

"So, Lexa," Clarke began, looking at her in the mirror. "How are you feeling about your first day at a new school?" Clarke asked curiously.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just fine," Lexa responded. She said that she was fine, but she didn't look like it. She was a little bit stressed. Clarke could see that. She felt this strange urge to just comfort her.

"I can show you over the school," she proposed. Now she was ready, all she needed was trousers. She went for them to her room and came back with them already on.

"It'd be great. Thanks," Lexa answered. And after that, she was also ready.

"Sure."

Both of them headed downstairs. Out there they saw Abby already eating her breakfast, waiting on the table with theirs.

"I think it's the beginning of the beautiful friendship," she announced, looking and smirking at them.

"Shut up," Lexa and Clarke said at the same time. And as they understood a loud wave of laughter flooded the room.

They drove to the school on purpose much earlier then they had to. Clarke was trying to show Lexa everything as well as she could. Both of them were walking down one of the halls, smiling, enjoying their presence when they heard someone calling Clarke behind them. They immediately turned around to see a dark-haired girl, running as much as she could to them. That was the first that both, Lexa and Clarke noticed other people around them. Before it, there were just the two of them.