7 - grounded

"You're grounded," Sonja said, then quickly hang up, before Lexa could respond.

"Damn you, Griffin!" Lexa yelled loud enough for Clarke to hear. After that Clarke showed up in Lexa's room, looking at her curious and confused. "I'm grounded," Lexa said, then looked angry at Clarke.

Clarke grinned at her.

"How she can possibly ground you?" she asked, really interested. Then sat at the Lexa's armchair.

"I've never been late. It's all your fault," she said, pointing at Clarke. It was a very stressful situation for Lexa. Her mother grounded her only one time in her life.

Lexa with dreamy eyes and a huge smile on her face closed the door and leaned against it.

She could still remember the taste of Costia's lips. Her scent - a mix of mint and a strawberry. How their breaths became one. And Costia's fingers gently worked in her hair.

"ALEXANDRA WOODS," Sonja's voice successfully brought Lexa back to the world. She was using Lexa's full name only when she had huge trouble. That's hardly ever. "Where have you been, and why not in your room?" She asked, then stood up to face Lexa.

Now Lexa's face became lifeless.

Sonja was supposed to be at work. She was supposed to come back at night. That's why she went out with Costia. Something must have changed.

"I was... out," Lexa barely said the last word. She couldn't even look at her mother. But she was sure that anger and disappointment were mixing on her face.

"Out..." Sonja repeated, slowly getting used to this thought. "But, why have you looked like you just kissed?" she asked. "Was some boy was there?" Sonja was terrified of that thought.

"No," Lexa said. That wasn't a lie. Then she added, "You must have imagined it."

Sonja nodded, but she wasn't still completely sure about that. "You are grounded," she said, then disappeared inside her room.

"But you'll come to the party, right?" Clarke asked. Lexa wasn't sure. She didn't even know for how long she'll be grounded. "Blakes are making the best parties. You can't miss that."

Lexa was just about to answer when they heard Abby called them out. Without a word both of them headed downstairs.

"Your mother called me," Abby started as both of them reached the first floor. Lexa tried to read her face, but it was barely possible. "She said that she grounded you. You guys were late in your first class, where have you been?" She wasn't mad, just curious.

"We woke up very early and I took Lexa somewhere," Clarke answered. She didn't hide that, she was completely honest with Abby. Lexa was never able to tell something to her mother. Either scared or unsure of her reaction.

"I feel like I should ground you too, Clarke, but it was just a few minutes. I don't know." The last sentence she definitely said to herself, like she was struggling with the decision. "However, I need you, girls, to take Heda to a vet," she said. The girls looked at her scared. "Just a follow-up visit."

"Alright," Clarke nodded.

After five minutes the girls were ready to go. They had Heda on lead. Lexa opened the door for them. Clarke thanked her by a smile, then turned around.

"There's a party at Blakes, on Friday. We still can go, right?" Clarke asked Abby, with a nice smile.

"Sure."

In Clarke's car, Lexa sat on the passenger's seat, with Heda on the floor in front of her. As they started riding Heda was getting stressed.

"She doesn't like cars, doesn't she?"

"Yes," Clarke confirmed. She petted her. As she was taking her hand back to the steering wheel, she accidentally touched Lexa's thigh. She immediately took it back, surprised by the shock she felt.

Lexa felt it too. She moved her leg away. For a moment they looked at each other. Then Clarke's eyes returned on the road. And Lexa's found something really interesting outside the window.

"So," she said.

"So," Clarke nodded.

"You're telling your mom everything?"

"Yeah. We don't have secrets," Clarke answered, glad that Lexa started some topic.

"That must be nice. I couldn't tell my mom anything," she said.

Clarke didn't answer. She looked at Lexa for a second and again focused on the road. She had no idea how she should respond to that.

So the rest of their way last in complete silence.

In the waiting room, there were two other people. Clarke and Lexa sat on the last free chairs and waited for their turn. They didn't have to wait so long, though. The others were together, with a cat. When they came out of the practice, the girls went inside.

"Indra, hi!" Clarke said.

"Clarke!" woman hugged Clarke, with a big smile. She squatted to pet Heda and then noticed Lexa.

"Indra, this is Lexa. She's living with us," Clarke introduced her. "Lexa, this is Indra, a close friend of our family."

Indra and Lexa shook their hands, both smiling. Then Indra started to checking Heda. She was totally healthy, so after fifteen minutes, wich Lexa spent on standing in the darkest corner, the girls with the dog were heading back to the house.

Clarke opened the door and set Heda free. The dog immediately laid inside her bed. Lexa went to the kitchen and grabbed the glass of water. Clarke looked inside the fridge. It was almost empty.

"Pizza?" Clarke closed it and looked at Lexa, which was now sitting on the counter.

"Sure," Lexa answered, grabbing her phone.

She ordered a pepperoni pizza and after fifteen minutes pizza man delivered it to them. Lexa said that she has to do her homework and Clarke offered that they can do it together, so now they were sitting on Lexa's bed, surrounded by books and notebooks. They were so focused that they didn't even hear Abby's car arriving. After that Abby appeared in Lexa's room. She smiled at the view she saw.

"You guys learning?"

"Yep," Clarke nodded and looked at her. Lexa did that after she finished writing one sentence.

"It's great, but I thought, maybe we could do something together?" the girls gave her questioning stare, waiting for a particular offer. "Movie?"

Lexa and Clarke looked at each other, just to make sure, then at the same time closed their books, threw it away, and stood up. Abby smiled at them, happy that her idea worked. Downstairs they sat on the couch and started searching Netflix to find some good movie. After a few minutes, they started watching Pride and Prejudice.

Hey!

This chapter is a little bit shitty, and about nothing actually. Sorry for that. It took me long to write it, I couldn't find inspiration. But in the next chapters the action will warm up, I promise.

Right now, there are 74 views on this story, thank you sm for that, guys! 

If you enjoyed this chapter vote or write a comment! 

The next chapter will air up soon.

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening!

~ Pseudo Wariatka