Chapter 1

Jennie Wilson POV

" Jennie Jennie "

"Table 4 needs their order taken! Table 7 has coffees ready." Aunt Isabella shouted.

"Coming.." I shouted back.

Aunt Isabella was my owner where I worked, a small coffee shop.

She had always been second mother to me. For almost a year I'd been working in the coffee shop as a part-time job.

The place was understaff, so I kind of worked all rounder. I did the waitressing, coffee preparation, sometimes cleaning the place after work.

Aunt Isabella helped me in between. I was saving money for the college fees in which I will be going. The Hunsberg University.

I always dreamed of going there.

I heard it was one of the top University in the world. Many die to study in that university, from all across the world.

It was known for best education and whoever graduated from there, their life would be fully set.

Children of high reputed family, celebrities, diplomats and many more studied there.

Not many of a poor people like us can study there as everything in there was heavy expensive.

But fortunately Hunsberg university gave an opportunity especially for scholars who were from poor background by conducting scholarship exam as a charity event.

I need to study hard for it as my family can't afford it's fees easily. Thier financial condition was very poor.

I am not complaining....but I and Mom were so dependant on my father. We looked upon him and solely relied on him financially.

He was a labourer in a steel factory. He daily worked hard so that I could have a good future. I hated to give burden to him.

His wages were not sufficient to lead a luxurious life. But we were a happy family no matter what our condition was.

We always thanked God without complaining about our life.

Aunt Isabella paid me well, no so well but it was sufficient to meet my daily expenses and some savings for my college fees.

I was turning 18 this year. This means I was ready to go to college.

I gave college entrance exam this year hoping that I can get selected through scholarship.

It was very tough, many like many competed to enter the famous Hunsberg University.

If I graduated from that University, my family condition will get better and I can treat my family better by getting a decent job. That was the main reason I wanted to join that University.

I was picking up some plates and the tips the customer left. Suddenly Aunt blocked me. She looked gorgeous in her gown.

"Wait why are you in a gown!?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Uh...sorry I didn't tell you, well it's your fault. You were so busy here, you completely ignored me" she pouted.

" Fine say now"

" I'm going to a ball, my mother's brother has invited us so..."

" So....?"

" So I will be leaving early...sorry kid, you have so much work to do! " she said in one breath, looking tensed.

" Oh come on, I got it aunty, Go enjoy the party." I grinned.

"Are you su—"

"Yes Aunt Isabella, GO. We have the day off tomorrow!"