Chapter 5

Jennie Wilson POV

My brain was reeling out. A ghostly ambience charging up the air.

My heart slammed against my chest so hard, it's the only sound I'm able to hear.

Please let it not be him again...

I pick up my speed, my surroundings blurry. Mismatched shades of grey and black of the night sky giving me an eerie feeling.

I walked at the brisk place reaching the gate of my house.

A baleful silence stretches around. I jerk upright at the same time. I turn around.

I feel someone's presence but can't see a single soul around. This can't be happening.

I definitely felt someone following me. Especially him. That tall guy.

Who was he and what does he want? He doesn't look like he belongs here.

It's been 2 week since he attacked me now.

Why do you care anyway?

Forget it and move ahead in life..

I set my bag on the stand at the side slipping off my boots and coat, hanging up my coat on the coat rank.

" There you are. I wondered what took you long? " Mom said bringing me out of my stupor.

" Mom? Why are you still awake.." I said keeping my hand on my chest.

" Well I had some work to do. " She said lifting a heavy box.

" Mom, how many times I have warned you not to lift heavy things. It's not good for your health. " I sighed taking the box from her.

" Oh dear, can't I do little things...you expect me to sit idle...?" She pouted.

" Exactly! My mom is precious to me" I gave a peck on her cheek.

My mother previously had heart disease. She still has mild pain, even after the surgery.

She was advised by her physician not to do strenuous activities. We never let her to work outside.

So I had to do part-time job to cope up with my family expenses.

" Did you eat? Did you take medicines?"

"Yes dear, your father took care all of it." She said smiling widely.

" Okay." I shifted boxes to the corner.

" I heard from Anna that your friend offered to live her. " Mom said, scooting near me.

This Anna...

She doesn't know when to shut does she..?

" I'm not going mom. I can't leave you all and stay there. I'm fine here."

" Don't be silly, Jennie. You cannot make up and down from college to house and vice versa. It's hectic. Besides here environment is not suitable for studying dear. "

" But mom-"

" Your father is there to take of me, so am I. We have lived our life now it's my daughter's turn. We just want you to have a good future and a comfortable life. Please don't say no. " Mom pat my head.

" I'll think about it. "

" No. Your father and me have already discussed about it. Call her and tell you're in." Mom hits my shoulder.

" Fine." I sulk and walk towards my room exhausted.
.
.
.

* After 2 days*

" Are you sure this is the house you talked about Jennie? "