Chapter 3

Jennie Wilson POV

"What happened tell me slowly" I said.She gulped water in one go.

" The....results are out.. Hunsberg Universityyy" she screamed."What really, when! where!" I jumped."It's uploaded in the website, we need to check it right NOW" she squealed.

No way...

I sit on my bed with my phone, my hands sweating. My heart drumming sporadically against my chest.

" Come on open it now! What are you waiting for!?" Mom said anxiously, poking my shoulder with her finger.

She looked more tensed than me.

I entered the registration ID number and waited for the web page to load, my hands sweating in tension.

I was starstrucked by seeing my result. It showed my marks and down it showed.

Congratulations you are SELECTED. I am selected!?

" Mom!!!! I am selected....!!" I hugged mom in enthusiasm and mom hugged me back with equal energy.

" Oh my child! I knew my daughter's hardwork wouldn't go in vain! Thank you thank you so much God! I will tell your dad about your result! He will be so happy!" Mom chirped out in excitement and I laughed.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was really going to Hunsberg University?

The next day I got invitation letter and I was sitting in a circle with Anna, Evelyn and Ron gaping at the invitation letter.

" Go on, open it...what are you waiting for???? " Ron said wavering his hand and I carefully but clumsily opened the envelope.

There was a shiny pearly coloured sheet and it smelled nice. More like an expensive perfume. Ron, Anna and Evelyn drew closer to me to read the message from the Hunsberg university.

Dear Miss Jennie Wilson,

Congratulations on your acceptance to Hunsberg university through exam, availing the scholarship.

Here at Hunsberg university we strive for success and shoot for greatness. We are honoured to welcome you to this opportunity to expand your education and elevate your future by graduating from prestigious Hunsberg university.

We hope to see you ready to learn and willing to push yourself to new heights. We will be waiting for your response and expect you to get admitted within a week of arrival of this letter.

-Principal of Hunsberg university

Randolph Anderson

Goosebumps formed around my body. All looked at each other face with disbelief and excitement.

In a second we broke out squealing and jumping together circling around in joy seeing the joining letter!

I'm finally going to Hunsberg university!!!

I squat down, my heart thundering against my chest. Tears form my eyes.

My hard work really paid off. I'm going to have the life I yearned for years. All my misery is going to be washed out in years.

This was the best thing ever happened in my life. I was going to the university I always dreamed of.

I was finally going to Hunsberg University.
.
.
.
.

I look around the mart, picking things on my list. Today we are going to eat something special, celebrating my selection.

" Jennie? " Someone called my name and I turned back.