Chapter 4

Jennie Wilson POV

" Here we are...!" Luna squeals as we drive through the stone gate and into the campus.

A goose bumps rips through me.

Looking at the building alone makes gives me an eerie feeling that I
consider getting back in the car.

Hunsberg university just looks just as great as it did in brochures and online, in fact more intimating.

I'm impressed and frightened at same time.

Everything screamed rich. The campus so enormous that we could conduct Olympics here.

We enter the admission department. There are students everywhere. Many well dressed and gorgeous faces. 

I'm already getting tons of curious glances. I wonder if I look poor?

I gulp hard against my own paranoia, but still a hard pill to swallow.

" I'll stay here. Go and get admission. " Luna said as she faces the AC, relaxing her tired face.

I brush through the students, holding the documents firmly around my arms.

To the desk where sat a lady, least in her forties or something. Black rimmed glasses, bright red lips pursed together into a slight scowl.  

I could already figure out she was done with the students here. I push the papers on her desk.

Her eyes snaps to mine but no change in her expressions. Same permanent scowl.

" I assume you are the scholarship student?" The displease tone in her voice seemed unwelcoming.

Despite that, I smiled and offered her my hand to shake.

" Jennie Wilson ma'am."

She ignores my hand, giving me a hard look and takes my documents.

I draw back awkwardly. Abundantly aware of how many students around me are enjoying my humiliation.

" Hmm. So you're the one who scored highest in the charity exam hosted. " She said swiping documents and I smiled feeling proud.

" I thought people of lower breed families like you, stopped coming to Hunsberg. Only few manage to barely pass the exam."

My smile drops, taken aback.

Lower breeds?

"  Your category students don't usually last a year, many drop out of burden. I don't know why this university conduct this charity exam for nothing. Let's see how long you'll last. " 

I clench my fist. What does she think me of? What does she mean my category students?

She is looking down on me, isn't she.

I'm at this edge of loosing my sanity but I shove it in. I don't want to create a fuss. I take a breath and make sure my face is a mask of polite demeanour and nod.

She's just a clerk, Jennie.

" As you know tuition fees is exempted but you need to pay for the freshers meal program. For the lab uniforms. Give me a form of payment, then I'll make it quick. "

I'm aware of it. I have saved money exclusively for it. I nod and take my bag.

" I don't know what you'll do but I want a special room. I'm not sharing with anyone!!" 

I hear someone yell.

A girl standing nearby counter. She looked like a model. Tall, high cheekbones. Top to bottom wearing an expensive dress.

" I don't care how much ever it costs I want it. I'll give extra money. Tell me whom should I pay? I'll do it! " She takes out a shiny black card from her Chanel bag.

Is this university full of gorgeous, rich brats?

The clerk taps the desk. I come out of my stupor and clumsily take out the cash I have saved.

I put a smile and hand it over.

The clerk gives me a odd look and to the hard cash, but takes it anyway.

She does some computer work and checks the cash.

" Do you have any plans for the hostel rooms here? " She almost says in a bored tone.

" No ma'am. I'm fine. "

" From what I can see, you come from far village. Why don't you take a hostel room. "

I grip my bag straps that circled around my shoulders. How should I tell her it's expensive for me, I can't go higher than how much I have already spent.

" I'll live off campus ma'am. " I bit my lip.

She looks at me unfazed, continuing to do her work. After verification and she finally looks at me handing me some papers.

" Here are the schedule plans. Your classes will start in a week. Here's your ID card. "

I take everything, my eyes gleaming as I look at the ID card. My name printed on it.

A euphoric feeling clashing in and I fight the urge to squeal. She gives a forced smile.

" Welcome to Hunsberg University. "
.
.
.

It's been 5 days since the admission. Another two days to go. I didn't ruin my celebration even though I was treated badly by the clerk.

Maybe she was frustrated and tired, in a bad mood who knows.

Now what really mattered was my future with the university. I am going to nail this freshers year, and then every other year until I graduate.

Something tingles inside my chest and I turn around. Felt like someone's glaring at me. I found no one.

Everybody were busy sipping their coffees, and some people walking around.

Was it my imagination?

Easy Jennie..

Nothing's going to happen.

Aunt Isabella is here.
.
.

"Let me drop you....it's dark already.." Anna said.

" Father told to bring some medicines for my mom, I need some things too..you can go, it will be late for you.." I smiled back at her

" Okay... Did you ask your parents about the house you talked about?" Anna enquired.

"I still don't know. I'm still confused." I sighed.

" Oh come on big sis, you get a free house, a nice friend like Remi. A settled what else do you need? "

" Okayyyy! I'll try asking them.." I sighed.

" Fine then see you tomorrow! " Anna hugged me. I waved her goodbye.

I bought some medicines and some household stuff from the stationary shop.

I started walking down the streets..I walked quickly feeling my skin prickle with the feeling of being watched, that was one of the reason I didn't like the dark.

This certain paranoia that I was being watched was unavoidable.

I started walking a bit faster once I heard gravel crunching behind me, my heart rate picking with fear. It reminded me of someone.

The maniac.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Hello beauties 💕♥️💚🧡💙💛💜💚💝💜💛💗💚💜♥️💕🖤💝💛💝💗💙🧡💝♥️💞🧡💙💗💞💕💙🧡♥️💜💛💗💚💙💞💕💙♥️💜💚💙🖤💛💚💙🧡💝♥️💞

Thank you for reading.

Please vote and comment 💛